Grubbys slightly blurry look inside the Platinum Kangertech K-Box Mini

Wow crazy, can’t be having that.

3 Likes

Speaking of auto-fire, the first iPV8 I had did that when the cells were below 30%. I’d fire it, but it would just keep firing when I let off the button until I pulled the cells. Warranty return, no further trouble. But damn man, that ain’t OK!

4 Likes

My Asvape Michael does that, the button sticks in and it scares the shit out of me lol

3 Likes

Button didn’t stick in my case. It just decided it was happy firing and carried on regardless of what I wanted. I hate that sizzling and popping. If nothing else, it’s a clear audible indication that you just earned yourself a cotton change.

3 Likes

Mind of its own! Reminds me of

3 Likes

Funny, I actually thought of that at the time!

3 Likes

Releasing 2020, Steven Kings
Maximum Overdrive II, Vapes revenge!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Oh crap, sorry bro @Grubby total derail!

2 Likes

Not a problem at all, its all good fun man, relax

5 Likes

Honestly, there’s no way of knowing from a pic (even a non-“slightly blurry” one! :wink: :laughing: ) without putting a mic (micrometer) on the actual wire (without the insulation) and measuring the gauge, and then doing some rough calculations. Or cheating, and grabbing an engineer’s handbook and referring to the wire gauge and current capacity charts (solid/stranded/copper/etc).

That aside though, most folks probably don’t want to hear that I think Kanger mods are bottom of the barrel shit, just like Smok. So I typically don’t bother to say that. Just because they’ve been around forever doesn’t mean they get a pass from me. My only allegiance is to quality and performance. And there’s honestly not many that qualify IMO (as an “across the board” brand).

My current “general rule” for mods is:
If it isn’t a DNA, YiHi, or Smoant chipped device, my dollars (or family/friends money) won’t be advised towards it.

4 Likes

It’s better you did. Once you let “the magic smoke” out, even if it were to continue to work, it’s no longer performing to standards. And with standards being as low as they are in some companies… FAR BETTER to be safe than sorry! :wink:

4 Likes

I know you know about this stuff so your advice is solid imo, can’t go wrong with a DNA chip.

I see Kanger as entry level gear easy to use and inexpensive but from my experience not great devices, the ramp up time is slooooooow af

2 Likes

/wipes the screen off
LMFAO!!!
Priceless!

2 Likes

Probably a very good guess!
It’s amazing how conductive eliquid can be when it hits just the wrong points (and creates an otherwise non-existent connection).

4 Likes

And THIS is a great example of why firmware upgradeable is a mandatory feature IMO!

Far too easy in a high stress, ultra fast paced, production environment for someone to accidentally load the wrong (beta) firmware onto the live line.

If they allow upgrades, at least you have the possibility of rectifying such instances (even though they should be rare to start with)!

3 Likes

Your absolutely right… I only had said that I wish I would of kept it because I wanted to show you all but I found pics anyways. It was definitely trashed lol.

4 Likes