Geekvape L200 repair:

I removed the top plate from my fairly new L200, which recently died a horrible death of cycling on, and off, and acting out in other bizarre way’s, to find a failed solder joint on the Pos. side battery contact, on the wire coming from the PCB. Anyone have an idea how I might modify my rather bulky gun, with a small tip, so that I can reach in there and re-attach that wire? I thought of heating the tip of a mini screwdriver. Any idea’s appreciated. Gonna think on it for awhile, and also wait to see what my VC family come’s up with! TY :wink:

That red wire barely protrude’s into the bay, and the blue one doesn’t want to move out of my way…really limiting my access. Kind of a shit way to attach it in the first place! Those cups should have had tiny holes where the wire could have been fed through, and then soldered, making a much more reliable joint. IMHO. In the lower photo you can see that the wire was attached to the edge of the cup…I’d like to rough that up a bit, to give something for the solder to grab onto.

6 Likes

The end of that soldering iron doesn’t reach that terminal? It doesn’t look that deep in the pic.

3 Likes

Maybe you could use a different piece of wire if you have some and solder that to the terminal while it’s removed and put it back and solder the other end to the red wire?

2 Likes

It’s not deep at all. I just don’t want to melt the insulation on the blue wire.

That’s not a bad idea, Andrew! I’ll check for adequate room to add a piece into that area when I get home later. Ty.

3 Likes

You could always melt the solder on the blue wire and move it out the way then solder the red one in then the blue one.

4 Likes

Yeah, as much as I don’t like soldering, that would work too. it’ll probably be a good idea to break, and re-do the Neg. while I’m in there too. Ty

4 Likes

Indeed. It may well save you from doing this again in another month :smiley:

4 Likes

Back from the dead! Yaay!!

L200 back from the dead

7 Likes

NICE!!!

Good job Brian! Hopefully it will last you longer than the first time!

5 Likes

Thank’s! Easy access anyway. 4 torx screw’s on top, and everything’s right there.

5 Likes

I’m happy you got it working again Brian. Good job bro!

5 Likes

Never a bad day when you can pull a FIX off @whthek.

3 Likes

Yeah…these mods are like uhh box uhh choc-lit’s. You never know what you’re gonna get. :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes