FYI regarding YouTube Reviewers

Just a FYI, do with it what you will.

Just received an email for DJlsb with the subject line of “Heads Up”. He and a list of youtube reviewers are opening Vimeo accounts.

Excerpt from the email:
YouTube has become a monster and at this point, i’m going to need to have a backup for hosting my content. YouTube has been targeting Gun channels for a while now, as well as Cannibis channels and now they are going after Vape channels. Evidently freedom of speech on YouTube only means freedom of the speech they agree with.

8 Likes

Saw this one coming… Let’s see what happens…

5 Likes

I have zero respect for these self proclaimed Philanthropists and social engineers. In my books they are a special kind of slimy. I will be moving to Vimeo as well.

5 Likes

Yeah the problem with Vimeo is that you have to pay to upload a video big enough for a review, and I think it gets quite expensive, so if YT carry on going down the path they are clearly seeking out…expect more reviewers with Patreons, I mean it’ll weed out those reviewers only interested in getting free stuff, but it’ll suck for legit reviewers who are just starting out.
Shame we can’t start a video service just for vaping…could be a nice little business, a safe place for all reviewers.

7 Likes

I can get 5GB per week for $7 a month. It’s worth it to me to tell YT to go to hell.

4 Likes

Agreed. The other thing that would put and end to it in a hurry is if people would not patronize the offenders. Again as you point out “wishful thinking”. I’m convinced most folks don’t think. I guess in a very twisted sense the current direction may do well for them. YouTube, like other social media is targeting adolescence. Whether by design or no, that is the perfect audience to affect the kind of social change they are pushing. Take the dependent and promise ongoing support and dependency. If they never achieve the ability to be independent they will never know the difference. Now I’m showing my Orwellian roots. It’s a damn rough road to go down, but if it is traveled it is guaranteed it will blow up. The USSR lasted under 90 years and ended in literal ruins.

7 Likes

Anyone looking to setup on www.Vimeo.com , this code works for 15% off…
MAY15PCFU

6 Likes

You are Da-Man!!! Perfect timing!!!

6 Likes