Full Aegis mod kept in fridge @work/coils

**Quick Question ** Hi everyone! I’ve looked everywhere for this noob inquiry/problem. I’m using an Aegis Solo w/Tobeco Supertank (0.5 Tobeco coils). I can usually get through almost 3 weeks on 1 coil by not chain vaping & I usually never go over 38 watts. Regardless of the type of juice, my last couple coils have lasted no more than a few DAYS b4 it tastes super gross burnt. Now, while I’m at work, I do keep my mod in my lunchbag in a refrigerator at work since I can’t carry it on me. When I have my 3 breaks throughout the 10hr shift, I grab my mod & quickly pop outside to get my vape on. (Yes I do :green_heart: me some nic!). Could this super climate change (vaping a cold mod/cold tank/cold coil & juice) from fridge to 70-80 degrees & hitting it a few times be burning my coils? Also, some posts claim you can “fix” a burnt coil. I don’t see how, but please help. I’m super broke for the next month & literally can’t keep wasting coils. Thanks for sticking w/me this far & plz reply. :worried:l

4 Likes

[quote=“SlashFan, post:1, topic:5666”] I do keep my mod in my lunchbag in a refrigerator…
[/quote]

Firstly, Welcome to VC @SlashFan :call_me_hand:
Keeping your mod in the fridge definitely will make your VG thick, it won’t flow or wick the same as at room temp.
that may be the problem :man_shrugging:

As far as fixing a burnt coil, I can’t help you there. But I do wash / dry / reuse my coils (FreeMaxMeshPro)

5 Likes

Welcome to the VC @SlashFan, and I think @Rocky02852 covered it. If you are chilling your VG juice, it will thicken substantially, and I’m assuming you might be chain vaping when you get a break, which would make things worse. Repeated vaping, on a very thick, not correctly, or poorly wicking juice, will tend to make your coils run dry/drier.

5 Likes

Welcome to VC @SlashFan:wave:

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m glad I joined. Ya know what you’ve said about the VG makes complete sense. There were times when I’d be hitting it & it felt like the airflow was closed all the way. It just wouldn’t flow right. I didn’t know what was up. I was worried I’d messed up my tank somehow, but it was the VG. That should’ve been obvious to me!

Ok- now I have 2 unused coils left & ive got to make those & the 1 I just put in last as long as possible. What’s your cleanse & reuse process?

And thank you so much for taking the time to reply. :smile:

5 Likes

Hi :wave: & thank you! I’m glad that I joined here. :smile:

4 Likes

Absolutely! You guys have been great. And I must admit, you’re right. I am taking longer hits with less time between them. I don’t vape like that when I’m not at work.

I think I’m going to enjoy this community. I’ve been vaping for about 3-4yrs & the only other 2 vaping forums I joined weren’t very kind to questions like this one.

6 Likes

Everyone that re-use’s their coils has a method that they like. Mine is: soaked, and occasionally agitated in Grain Alcohol for a day, then line them up in a saucepan, top(threaded side) down so bubbling action will carry debris up and out. Cover in water, and boil gently for 5-10min. Put them on a paper towel near where the sun can hit them, or a heater duct if possible, or really anywhere, for a day to dry. Ready to go!

4 Likes

@whthek pretty much summed it up. I used to soak coils in Vodka for a day after washing then rinse and dry, but I skip the vodka now that my Polish / Russian Wife caught on :joy:
I wash my coils before they’re spent or burnt and have probably hundreds in rotation, I wrap the cleaned wet coils in paper towels and put them in the back of my coil drawer, rotating them towards the front of drawer as I wash more, so they are usually drying for weeks before I get back to using them again.

4 Likes

I don’t have anything to add other than welcome to VC @SlashFan :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Out of interest lets just say a freshly bought stock coil gives 10/10 for flavour after that major cleaning and drying process of spent coils how do they now score my guess would be 7 maybe 8/10 which actually wouldn’t be bad but I would imagine the process could only be done once and then a new coil would be needed?

4 Likes

Maybe 1 out of every 5 produce’s like new, for me. It depend’s how long you’ve run a coil before taking it out of service, and what type of flavor was put through it, too. Like @Rocky02852 say’s…

Once the mesh material has accumulated any shmegma, or turned black, washing doesn’t get rid of that, right. I think your in the ballpark at 70-80%, though I’ve re-used some that look really good, and had to take them right back out, and as you folk’s across the pond say…‘bin it’ :grin:

4 Likes

Awesome, welcome to the VC forum @SlashFan so glad you could join us. It sounds like your question has been answered. I would like to add that sometimes you will get a crap coil that will burn out rather quickly. I have had packs of coils that sucked through and through.

Anyway, good luck man

:v: :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes