Freemax Maxus Solo 100W KIT Review

Good Morning and VC and welcome to my review on the Freemax Maxus Solo 100WKit

Freemax sent over the black TPD 2ML compliant version.

CHOOSE YOUR STYLE

There are six different color variants for you to choose from

INSIDE THE BOX
1pc Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Mod
1pc Freemax Fireluke Solo Tank (Pre-installed FL1-D Mesh Coil 0.15ohm)
1pc FL2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm
1pc Glass Tube 5ml
1pc USB Type-C Charger
1pc 18650 Battery Adapter
1pc Extra Silicone Ring
1pc Warning Card
1pc Warranty Card
1pc User Manual
1pc Desiccant

SPECIFICATIONS

Fireluke Solo Tank (FL Platform Compatible):
Size: 28*50.35mm
Capacity: 5ml Standard version and (TPD 2ml)
Thread: 510
Drip Tip: 810

Maxus Solo 100W Mod:
Output Voltage: 0.7-7.5V
Input Voltage: 3.3-4.2V
Output Wattage: 5-100W
Output Mode: Power (Normal, Sport, ECO)/VPC/Bypass/TC-NI/TC-TI/TC-SS316/TCR
Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm

Battery: External Single 18650/20700/21700
Charger Specification: 5V/2A
Size: 28.842.890mm

DOUBLE _D MESH

This is a new mesh technology from FREEMAX

FULL SPECTRUM VAPING

Design and Features

The Maxus Solo Mod has a rugged look to it with a strong emphasis on mood lighting

The top of the mod has four Torx screws that hold the top in place. You can accommodate up to a 28mm tank on top. The 510 center pin is spring-loaded and gold-plated. Your battery is inserted from the bottom by sliding the battery door open easily with your thumb in the direction of the arrow molded into the base. The kit includes a 18650 battery adapter. A large fire button and power adjustment buttons can be found at either end of the transparent 1.06 Inch Oled screen with a Type-C USB port on the bottom face of the mod.

The Screen is extremely clear and bright and easy to read all the information this device

The Information on the display includes

• Battery level indicator and coil resistance

• Puff counter

• Set wattage or temperature depending on output mode selected

• Mode of operation

• Normal, Sport, Eco output

• Voltage output while firing

• Settings(once selected it takes you into the menu system)

The industry standard 5 clicks to turn the device on and off while 3 clicks of the fire button will get you into the menu

From there you can either change the mode by pressing the fire button again and then use the + and – buttons to choose between Power(Normal, Sport, Eco), TC(316SS, Ni, Ti, TCR(TCR1,2,3)

While in the menu use the + and – buttons to scroll through to select either Normal, Sport, or Eco. Once that is set if you choose, scroll to settings and press the fire button then this will bring you to the main menu which will give you the following options

1. Coil Test

2. Timeout

3. Theme color

4. LED on/off

5. LED control

6. F/C

7. Puff reset

8. Time reset

9. Reset(factory defaults)

10. Exit

On the right side of the mod is the lock/unlock slide switch which allows the user to quickly lock the device before putting it in a pocket. There are four diagonal protruding grooves molded into the side of the mod that give an intentional grip to the otherwise smooth metal exterior.

The molded grippy groves continue around to the left side with just some Freemax branding underneath. Around the back is what looks like a plastic battery sleeve that is really flawlessly integrated into the design. This whole plastic section lights up when you have the LED mode turned on and the MAXUS SOLO branding is accentuated in a chrome material. This lighting effect is also present as light up the front where the electronics can be seen behind the transparent front screen.

This mod comes with mood lighting which can be customized to your liking. There are 9 default RGB colors with an Always-on / Breathing or Flashing effect to suit your style or to quote Freemax
" Making Your Vaping Shinning and Fun" You have the option to create your own RGB color also with 5 stock theme settings in there too.

There are certainly lots of options in this device and Freemax hasn’t skimped on safety either with clear battery orientation labeling internally in the battery compartment and on the battery door and the internal FM Chip 3.0 has an inbuilt host of features to keep everything that is shinney safe to use.

Fireluke Solo tank

The Fireluke Solo tank is new from Freemx and boasts to be the world’s first Double-D Mesh Subohm Tank. Rounding out at 28mm in width it perches well on top of the Maxus Solo mod. The tank separates easily for cleaning and I had no issues putting it back together.

Part of the FL platform the Fireluke comes in 4 different colors if you choose to just buy the tank on its own.

In standard and US format it will hold 5ml of e-liquid however the EU variant holds a ridiculous 2ml!. For a sub-Ohm tank with large coils, this is ridiculous Freemax should have done what other manufacturers currently do and include a 5ml in bubble glass in the kit.

For example in the 2ml TPD EU version with a full tank of e-liquid at the lowest rated wattage for the coils the tank required refilling after only 20 puffs were registered!!.

Lucky refilling isn’t a faff all you do is lift and slide the top cap across to access the fill port on the child-resistant certified ISO 8317 tank. up on top is a big old 810 drip tip that is comfortable as any to use. Airflow is provided by two large AFC openings on the bottom and the AFC ring is very smooth to adjust and dial in your preference.

Performance

Included in the kit are two different coils. One is the FL2 .2ohm mesh coil rated at 50-80 watts and the other is the new FL1-D mesh coil at .15 ohms and rated 50-80 watts. It uses the new CoilTech 5.0 technology and is being called the Double-D Mesh coil. If it’s Double-D then it’s got to be good right? It boasts fast and even heating while maximizing the surface area to provide exceptional flavor. It has a parallel mesh structure and uses an upgrade tea fiber cotton. The coil is made of SS904L.

The FL1-D coil has exceptional flavor production from Freemax coil I was not disappointed. The flavor production was very good while the vapor production was impressive. Longevity was very good indeed easily clocking up 800puffs before a hint of flavor loss.

The .2 ohm coil was my favorite of the two coils I feel it was down to the nature of it being a dual mesh coil which produced just a bit more flavor and denser vapor gave me a better vaping experience. Lasting just as long as the single mesh version I would be happy to continue using this coil in the future in this tank.

Summary

The Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit was a real pleasure to test and review. A kit packed with features both safety and customisation options to keep you tinkering for days in the RGB zone. You are always in good hands with Freemx when it comes to coils compared to other manufacturers they lead the pack on performance and flavor production. Being 21700 battery compatible is a pro and battery life wasn’t an issue.

What I Like

Mood lighting
Customization options
Looks and design
Safety features
Bright easy read Oled display
Flavor and performance
Battery compatibility

What I don’t Like

EU 2ml TPD Version
No Include spare 5ml Bubble Glass

I would like to thank Freemax for sending over the Maxus Solo 100W kit for the purpose of the review. I hope you enjoyed reading this.

7 Likes

Very interesting and thorough review which I enjoyed reading. Thank you.

4 Likes

@JimmyLee Thanks for the praise :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I can’t say it any better than @JimmyLee did.
Thanks for the review :grinning:

3 Likes

@whthek Thanks bro :+1:t2:

1 Like

Good read there @Daredevil. Great to see a shorter mod this time :wink:
Ditto on what @JimmyLee said. :+1:

3 Likes

@Wayneo Thanks fella :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Nicely reviewed @Daredevil.

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer Thank you mate

2 Likes

Excellent review @Daredevil , very nice job, thanks for sharing it bud :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

@Steampugs Thanks my pleasure :+1:t2:

3 Likes