Flavors master List question - Red Flavor Names

I have some flavors in a few few recipes that are listed in red. I read somewhere that that means they are not listed in the master list. When checking the master list I was able to find them. Was it because I imported the recipe from ELR or did I enter it incorrectly. Here is a screen shot of one as an example. Thanks

9 Likes

Please bear with me for a second while I take a look

7 Likes

The flavours in red are not the exact same name as the ones we have in our master list so there wasn’t a match, therefore they are displayed in red.

For example, these are the Graham Crackers for TPA

All this means is that these flavours are not converted to links to their corresponding flavour page and other users cannot add them to their stash / shopping list.

They are not wrong per se, they are all still readable as flavours, so it’s up to you whether you keep them or swap them out.

7 Likes

You should now see this if you have invalid flavour names

screenshot-vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk-2020.08.21-20_22_51

Flavours in RED have the wrong naming convention

OR

Flavours in RED not found in Master Flavour List ???

Or

Something else?

6 Likes

I think I see, I just need to remove the parenthesis from clear etc?

8 Likes

No, you will need to search the flavour in the flavour search bar on the update recipe page and select it from the list, like so:

screenshot-vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk-2020.08.21-20_36_24

This will ensure the “correct” flavours are set for the recipe

8 Likes

I love how you have solved the problem of unconventional flavor names in the master list. Absolutely love it!

10 Likes

Thank you! But there is also room for “User Defined” flavours

Example: You could type in “Graham Cracker” instead of searching, the recipe would display the flavour as “Graham Cracker - User Defined” without the link

The Master Flavour DB is completely separated from the recipe flavour DB

10 Likes

Thank you, will get use to it, fixed that recipe, Will work on the others later. Great job with the format

8 Likes

Awesome, glad you got it worked out, it takes a bit of getting used to but feel free to ask, here or in PM and we’ll help you out :+1:

7 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that. That is fantastic man. You solved the problem. I can’t tell you how many hours I spent working on fixing flavor names.

10 Likes

Very wise @grubby.

5 Likes

I have been trying to find where to let you know about flavors I cannot find in the list… I have inawera shortbread, and cannot find it in the list to add it.

3 Likes

Hey Bill @TheChair it is there but it is under New Shortbread (which I will change to shortbread when I get the chance)

3 Likes

Thanks… it is “new” to me because I have never used it…

5 Likes

LMK when u have used it mate and I will make sure that the new is removed just after that :beers: :grin:

4 Likes