Flavorah Flavours

Whatever you do… do not use either the milk and honey or honey bee. It will really become darker.

cotton candy would be an excellent sweetener for it too… I think I have a few macroon recipes somewhere… will see if I can find them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interesting …

1 Like

Hi, just watched the latest OGA on replay and elderflower flv was mentioned.
I then went to add it to my basket and noticed that the picture has elderflowers and gooseberries. :thinking:
Now ive been after a gooseberry and wondered if this would be worth trying as the Hangsen i bought is dreadful.
I also have the sasami which shows promise but not mixed with it yet.
Cheers.

3 Likes

I can not speak for Hangsen…

I can tell you on the elderflower, a little bit goes a very long way!
it’s bright, has a mouth feel, and beautiful in Eisai tea with a touch of cream…
It’s also good for candies and gums. You could try adding it to white chocolate or pistachios as a counterbalance… Well worth the money, as the bottle should last an extreme bit of time.

When I say little bit… think 1-3 bottle drops in 30ml or even 60ml bottles… it is that strong!

2 Likes

but does it have any gooseberry notes?
Or is the provided photo misleading, or perhaps it’s a serving suggestion? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The berries you see would be elderberries and no FLV elderflower is just the flower no berries (the offical FLV pic contains no berries so it would be down to the vendor using a pic that doesnt really represent the flavour)

2 Likes

thanks for the replies.
I had to pick buckets of elderflower and berries each year for my nan as a kid, as well as loads of other things for her wine that she would sell.
rosehip, parsnip sherry, dandelion etc. to name a few.

heres the pic of elderflower and gooseberries.
Elderflower_2000x

5 Likes

Yes, but I will give them credit… there are elderberry flowers in the picture :slight_smile:
and it is more elderberry at very little amounts. The higher you go, the more flowery tastes you will get.
It’s why I said… keep it really low.

As far as the taste… it might be up to you to decide what elderberry flower tastes like and reminds you… others might get all flower, or all berry or something in between.

3 Likes

Just saw this on ELR and wanted to share it, in case anyone was in the need for some Flavorah flavors !!!

4 Likes

Nice… will be announcing my contest soon too!! :smiley: :tada: :beers:

4 Likes

Not impressed with this one, really gave it a good go as i love Elderflower champagne (a very fizzy pop). The problem is they seem to of gone for the actual flower smell/taste rather than the flavour given when infused in liquid (how it’s used) which is pointless as people don’t eat the flowers!

After making Elderflower champagne most years since my teens and experimenting with the real thing in other recipes i should know the taste and this isn’t even close!

6 Likes

Not sure how much you used… but with this one… 1 drop can be way too much for me… :slight_smile:
I think my max amount used is .4% and that is just too much… 1-2 in 30mls works with teas…

5 Likes

All single flavour concentrates discounted at Chefs until midnight Thursday (UK time). Many flavorah concentrates as low as £2.19!

6 Likes