[ALPHA] [VCC] ELR recipes Importing

I am fairly new to this site, well, been here, but haven’t been active or using it yet. So forgive me if this has been talked about, I did a quick look, didn’t see anything.

When I hit either if the ELR Import options from the tab, a screen shows up that says “Don’t do that”…kinda funny, I like it…I know it’s probably the default screen, like a 404 error, but, just not sure if these were supposed to be operational yet or not.

I see there is flavor inventory control, this is a major selling point for me, as it’s hard to keep track of what all I have, and if this feature works, I will be using this site exclusively for now on. I love ELR, but I’ve been waiting a LOOOONG time for that to be implemented.

Anyways, thanks for the help you guys, and look forward to meeting the people in the VC community :smiley:

7 Likes

Elr imports should be working
Have a peek at the thread below and let us know if you are still getting an error message. ELR is at times spitting out invalid XML files a little way down the thread you will see the link to a validator which may help you track down any issues. I haven’t seen any errors (but I haven’t played with it for a little bit) and extra info you can give (screenshots, browser used etc) will be helpful tracking down any bugs should you still see the problem

4 Likes

The link you supplied does work! For some reason the hotkey option on the menu does not bring me to that page though. Using Chrome on Android. But I’ll be doing it on the PC when I have time. I think the file is too large for the phone to have the patience to download the XML file :laughing::laughing:.

So, next question, where do I hire somebody to do all the data entry? Is this a service that VC supplies to the user??? :laughing::smiley::laughing::smiley::laughing::smiley::laughing:

8 Likes

Hmmm, when you click on the import elr link?? That’s weird, that code doesn’t even exist for that page…

3 Likes

I see the problem… Malformed URL’s

If you visit the flavour stash page then click the elrimports link it will be broken, gonna fix it now :+1:

7 Likes

Fixed

Thanks for the report :beers:

8 Likes

Watch out @THE.VAPING.SURVEYOR, you may have just triggered @Steampugs, and @grubby.

Kidding aside, Grubby has really been on a TEAR lately, and has not only been ADDING features rapidly, but also identifying and fixing many issues, most before anyone even notices them. I don’t know about you, but that’s pretty uncommon, so props out to the G man for all of his hard work, the testers, etc.

Welcome to the VC as well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks man! Yeah that’s a good thing to see happening…is there anything in the works for importing flavor stash from elr? That you know of

3 Likes

@THE.VAPING.SURVEYOR I know that was asked recently, @Grubby would have to chime in on that. I’m with you, manual entries suck.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I would just add the full lines, and choose the ones I don’t have from the line… probabaly much faster for me anyways…

2 Likes

@Grubby, I was trying to process (move) my ELR imported recipes into my main recipes area, and I have 85 pages worth. Would there be any way to add/have check boxes by each, and a “select all” (even per page would help) ??

1 Like

That is already on the todo list

@THE.VAPING.SURVEYOR the issue with importing an elr stash is the database is such a mess it will likely be quicker to do it manually - I did exactly as you did and add the full line and take away the ones I don’t have - I going to have to go thru my stash draw by drawer soon as i do not have everything entered here or at alr.

3 Likes

And now @woftam, I believe you may have as many flavors as I do. Easier to add the FULL LINE, and subtract a few !!!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Just as a side note you could import all yout elr recipes and visit the page and click the add to stash it would give you a head start

2 Likes

I need to update everything really badly but have so many things to do I struggle getting to it all

Currently I have about 1/3 of my stash entered here

2 of the 3 fridges

the yellow tub is new stuff that hasnt been sf tested yet (or is in progress)

7 Likes

I stopped adding after I got to 520. Juice Calculator is the only prog I run that has the full monty. Sometimes less is more ehhh ??

2 Likes

@woftam, I’m particularly fond of the right fridge, shevles 7, 8, and 9 from the top.

1 Like

ELR flavours naming conventions are completely different to our flavours, we spent a lot of time compiling a proper master list with real naming conventions, successfully importing ELR flavours 100% would be Impossible because of this.

Yet, you did them elsewhere… ELR, ATF, Juice Calculator

We have done our best to make the stash entry as simple as possible;

Select a company → select a flavour
Or
Select a whole company’s range with one click

Sure it would be really nice if you could just press a button and everything got setup for your personal needs but like anything, you get what you put in, some leg work is needed, this whole site didn’t just pop up from nowhere, countless hours have gone in to making this place how it is today and countless hours will go in to improving it

6 Likes

Understood…

Fair point(s) @Grubby. Obviously the bigger your hoard the harder the task, hehe. It took me QUITE a while to add them all to the Juice Calculator, BUT, as you said, you get what you put. For those of us who DO have large stashes, being able to add an entire line with one action and then simply delete missing flavors is a big deal.

Sounds like you guys have spent a great deal of time trying to fix it (or build a foundation) on the front end, which will eliminate a BIG mess on the back end.

3 Likes