DX Banana Cream TPA

So I want to mix up another big batch of my banana & toffee custard but I’ve only got a little bit of regular TPA Banana Cream left. I have a full 100ml of DX Banana Cream TPA sat here though. Can I just sub that for the original? If so is it the same %?

Thanks!

5 Likes

Nobody?

3 Likes

@Illogik that will work.

4 Likes

Great, Thanks SD :smiley:

3 Likes

LA Banana cream would also work if you have it. I am not sure about the difference between the normal and the DX - I looked at the SDS and they both list the same ingredients from the TPA site.

5 Likes

Nah I don’t have LA Banana Cream. I’ve only been DIY’ing for a couple of months so my concentrate collection isn’t that great yet. 68 and counting! I already did a mix using it now anyway as I’m vaping it now and I only have about 70ml left and its got at least couple of weeks steep time so I gotta get that shit done asap! :smiley:

Regarding the difference, this is apparently " A diketone-free version of our original Banana Cream!".

Hopefully it will taste close enough that I won’t care :slight_smile:
Thanks Simon!

5 Likes

Yer that is usually the case that the DX are DAAP free versions (and generally not as good), however, the MSDS/ COA sheets do not list any DAAP in the original. 2-Heptanone and Isoamyl alcohol are the only differences i can see (and I have no idea what they do lol)

5 Likes

Interesting. I also have no idea what those 2 ingredients do :smiley: Where do you get those data sheets from? Are they online?

4 Likes

I have copies here of lots of msds sheets

The TPA ones have a searchable index

6 Likes

Wow nice, Thanks. They should come in useful!

4 Likes

Here you go I looked them up now we both have an idea of what they do

Not exactly riveting reading but interesting to look up stuff on occasion.

5 Likes

Cool, thanks SD and Simon. Funny that part of the description for the Isoamyl Alcohol says “Pungent odour and repulsive taste” :smiley:

Holy crap SD, only the 2162 pages, gimme 5 mins to read this np :stuck_out_tongue:

It will all aid me in my learning of this DIY malarkey, cheers guys.

6 Likes

Probably a little big to memorise lol but sometimes it can help you a little with what the hell is that back note I am tasting in that flavour.

6 Likes

Yes Indeed. One can never have too much knowledge!

5 Likes

DX is more banana and less creamy than regular banana cream. (what i read on reviews; also this :point_down:).

Both Banana Cream and DX Banana Cream have Butyric Acid, the only real difference is the exclusion of Acetoin in DX Banana Cream. I don’t mind that part much. What makes the real difference here is the Isoamyl Acetate is used slightly higher in the DX version, making for an increased Banana flavor, slightly less creamy. I prefer this one to be honest, it is slightly more concentrated and very easy to use. I have always enjoyed the flavor.

I bought BC DX recently after reading good reviews, but i can’t compare it with Reg BC since i never SFT’ed that one; i tried DX at 6% solo and it had no unpleasant notes to me (but i’m not very sensitive on BA); haven’t tried it in a recipe yet.

7 Likes

Interesting, thanks!

7 Likes