Dual Staple Staggered Fused Clapton

SS, 0.12ohm 6 wrap, 4mm ID. Built on the teeny tiny 25mm Hellheim. I’m impressed with this wire and wish I’d bought 4x reels of this instead of other types but it’s hard to tell what it looks like in tiny pics on fasttech. Next time though!

5 Likes

Try a pair of those on the Titan, Andrew.

4 Likes

I will do. I just couldn’t be bothered tonight. The hellheim was sat idle today so thought I’d do a quick rebuild in that. Tbh the titan is not getting as much use as it used to. I need to get a dna mod for it to get it back to the top of my favourite tank list where the ragnar & hadron Pro currently are.

Loving this wire though. It’s really wide, like a ribbon. It makes wrapping a breeze.

4 Likes

The reason I said that is, it’s what I’m going to do, but you’ll get to it before I can. The 6mm ID set I made just take too long to heat up, for me.

4 Likes

Yeah I can guess they would take some pre-heat time being so large. I’ll try wrapping some 6mm ones tomorrow.

Which wire was it you used?

3 Likes

I made some Alien wire…3 core 27SS wrapped with 36Ni80

5 Likes

Have you tried your 6mm coiled titan on a dna mod with replay?

3 Likes

Ahh shit, Andrew…the coils I’m talking about…they went in the 41mm Voltrove, not the Titan. I have tried TC running it on the non DNA Odin, but that’s it.

4 Likes

Ah ok. You should stick it on a dna mod. Warm the coils up with a few puffs, save with replay and wave goodbye to ramp up time!

3 Likes

Trying to make some 6mm coils for my titan, what a handful it is without a proper wrapping tool. I made a quick ghetto one with a chunk of wood and a drill bit but keeping the wraps tight and the coil straight when removed from the drill bit is a nightmare to say the least…

3 Likes

Well, I give up. I can’t wrap 6mm coils well enough to satisfy my perfectionism lol. Gonna try triple 4mm coils instead.

3 Likes

The disappointing 6mm effort. Just far too loose for my liking.

3 Likes

Well that went a lot smoother. Triple 6 wrap, 4mm ID, SS Staple Staggered Fused Claptons on the Titan v2 RDTA. 0.10ohms after strumming out hotspots.

4 Likes

Do you remember Simon’s trick, for that?

4 Likes

Yeah I heated them up but it didn’t help. I actually didn’t heat up those 3 in the triple build and they wrapped fine. I’m wondering if the wire is somehow pre-treated or something? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Are you on about torching the wire?, I find that only really helps with single wire or more uncomplex mixes!

3 Likes

til the length of pre-wound(wrapped) wire turned red?

2 Likes

Yup

2 Likes

Does that mean ‘have you tried’?

3 Likes

“Are you talking about” is what he meant.

3 Likes