Dripping desserts Blackcurrant Jam and Custard

Looking for any input from you mixing enthusiasts. Not necessarily looking for an exact clone as I have never even tried this e-liquid but it just sounds lush!

Here are my Blackcurrants and Custards:

Screenshot (843)
Screenshot (844)
Screenshot (845)

And have no idea how to get the Jam element?

3 Likes

How close are Boysenberry to Blackcurrants? Because wonder flavours has one that’s dark with raspberry notes, fairly sweet that could punch through a heavy custard.

3 Likes

Also one of the Pazzo flavours would work, I think it’s King… It’s a Blackcurrant flavouring I think, toss that in with a combo of your favourite custards

3 Likes

4 Likes

It’s a cross between a Raspberry and Blackberry I believe, Blackcurrants are much tarter!

3 Likes

Yeah, I think King by Flavour Art will get you there, not quite sure if it was a one shot or concentrate, but good nonetheless, really good… Probably the second best from that line…

Edit:

depends on how you want to go with it, but you could throw in that, with a custard or two and get a nice finished juice.

5 Likes

really I am hoping to get as close as possible with what I already have, the chasing flavours gets out of hand. but if I have to buy a couple more then reluctantly will.

3 Likes

Understood, yeah it gets boring chasing down flavourings after awhile when the novelty wears off.

4 Likes

I imagine the original e-liquid will be very tart fruit cutting through a sweet vanilla custard, might have to ignore the jammyness (probably not even a word). lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, we have something similar here, why I asked about Boysenberry because I make a juice that’s Boysenberry Raspberry and custard, it has enough of a sharpness to it if used high enough to cut through the custard a bit… I’m heavy handed on the flavours though, I like pushing percentages as much as I can and hope for the best after a steep

3 Likes

I have Wonder flavours Bumbleberry, not a clue what it’s like!

3 Likes

It’s a darker berry flavour, haven’t used it in probably 3-4 years.

4 Likes

There’s actually a few of the darker berry flavours that weren’t too great to me, but yeah… I still stick by my Saskatoon berry because I suggested it :sunglasses: (don’t buy it though it tastes like gasoline)

4 Likes

I also like the sound of Blackberry and Custard but every Blackberry I have tried have a soapy floral note!

3 Likes

Yeah, I think the only one I’ve found decent has been Flavour West…

3 Likes

Blackcurrants are nearer to a redcurrant than raspberries or boysenberries. I hope this helps you gain some clarity on the subject.

4 Likes

That Boysenberry Raspberry is really delicious to me. I clearly get one on the inhale, the other on the exhale. I’d have check my notes for the particulars. :+1:

5 Likes

Considering the RF Blackberry Jam on Toast with a Blackcurrant mixed with a combo of a couple of Vanilla Custards and a touch of sweetener but still very open to ideas!

4 Likes

https://alltheflavors.com/recipe/155628-faking_discustard
This dessert is layered with a milk pudding and blackcurrant jelly pastilles and a touch of wizardry. FA King and FA Custard Premium are two of my favorite flavors so I hoped they would work together. I made this on a whim after watching thefogvlog Blackcurrant Showdown and it was good after a shake and Fa- King good to go the next day

8 Likes

VERY in my wheelhouse @lukeloop, thank you for sharing.

4 Likes