Does Homogenisation all depend on the VG/PG ratio?

What are your thoughts on the homogenisation period, could it be solely based on the PG/VG ratio and not necessarily on the flavours you choose or is there something to the flavour homogenisation on its own?

Does a lower VG/PG mix , ie. 50/50 yield similar results?

5 Likes

Not sure, @Grubby , but a good way to test would be to mix Vanilla Custard-CAP @4-5%. It’s known for being a long steeper, right?! Mix a tester at 50/50, and another at 80/20, and sample each, over the course of a few weeks.

5 Likes

@Grubby I am a steeping FOOL, and do NOT own a homogenizer. BUT, I know steeping (slow homogenizing).

Complex flavors take longer, like custards, and baccos in particular. VG is a POOR carrier, and much thicker, and takes much longer than PG.

Higher VG ratios will take longer to steep/homogenize.

6 Likes

I steep all of my e liquid for at least a fortnight for fruity flavours and a month + for my bakeries and custards. I don’t use a homogeniser, just in a good old fashioned cool dark cabinet with the occasional shake. I don’t believe any e liquid is at its best with a shake and vape no matter what the profile is.

6 Likes

Homegenisation rate would depend on rate of diffusion as one factor as well as mass of molecules. Given that VG has a higher viscoity the higher the VG content the slower the rate of diffusion so it would be a factor. How much I don’t know. Just shake them a bit more often if they are high VG to get things to mingle a little more.

6 Likes