DIY Concentrates

So I have a really stupid idea for a vape juice (not going to give it away yet) but there is no flavor concentrate on the market for what I want to do (probably because it is really stupid and no-one will ever buy it). So I need to make my my own.
Now I just need to figure out how to do it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

4 Likes

Turn around and go home, Making your own concentrates is not something you can do without a great deal of knowledge and so on. Also it will not be cost effective at all. Let us know the flavor and we should be able to help you.

5 Likes

I would rather not, it is a really bad idea. :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :hot_face: :japanese_ogre: :hot_pepper:

5 Likes

So, it’s a Chili vape you want to make, eh?! And, you want to process hot peppers into a concentrate?

3 Likes

That is pretty much it. Basically pepper spray you willingly inhale.

4 Likes

But hey, if some is crazy enough to pay me to make a spicy vape juice, I’m gonna do it.
I’m just going to cut up some Habanero chilies and let then soak in some PG for a week. See what happens.

4 Likes

Get a 30ml base PG/VG and finely chop a packet of Scotch bonnet Chillies then add (remember to thoroughly wash your hands several times before visiting the toilet). Leave to soak for a couple of days before straining off the base mixture to which any flavour concentrate you wish may be added. When vaping make sure your melting lips don’t fuse with your drip tip!

5 Likes

Who’s going to be the guinea pig, that’s what inquiring minds would like to know :rofl:

Maybe make two or three batches. Weigh out your base, and weigh the pepper pieces. Start with a tiny bit of Habanero, then double and triple the weight for each successive tester.

4 Likes

That would be the IT guy at my office. He came up with the idea and is a long standing client of mine, buying several bottles of vape juice from me every month.
He wants this to be the hottest vape juice ever made and is trying to get his hands on some Carolina Reapers for it.
I think it is a really stupid idea, but, hey, if he is willing to pay for it, why not. It might even make for a nice little novelty item that can generate some much needed income for me.

4 Likes

For sure Black pepper exists, and I do believe there’s also a hot pepper flavor. Can’t remember who makes it.

I grow 2 plants every year and get ~70 peppers from each. :jamaica: They usually have perfect bonnets.

7 Likes

I made a label for the bottle.

4 Likes

I would highly recommend you do not do this. Soaking chillies in PG may give you a hot hit but it is likely to also give you oils and sugars in the PG which if vaped could potentially give you lipid pneumonia (similar shit to EVALI)

VSO makes a couple of chilli extracts that are vape safe

pair with some FLV heat

and play around with the % and you will get something that is safe to vape.

Doing extracts yourself is something that should be left to experts IMHO but you do you.

8 Likes

I strongly agree with @woftam here and advise you not pursue this idea because if something was to go wrong which it very easily could like permanent lung damage you could risk opening yourself up to all sorts of serious legal implications. Please reconsider.

3 Likes

Please. Please do not under any circumstances do this. If you are willing to pay the shipping (around $15 USD) I will send you samples of naturally extracted WATER SOLUBLE red chili and jalapeno flavors. Please understand that the method in which you are thinking of embarking on is not safe on many levels. Send an email to sales@vsoflavors.com and we can discuss it. Just please let me know that you will not try this, as it can seriously harm someone if you do.

9 Likes

Legend, @SwaggyShane you are a gentleman.

8 Likes

Yeah thought pepper spay was for bears and attacking muppets if you had to wash your hands after making that what’s it going to do to your lungs

5 Likes

Thanks Shane.

5 Likes

I did say at the start that this is a stupid idea.
I am not going ahead with it.

6 Likes