Delosi Tasting Notes / Single Flavor Tests -- SessionDrummer

@Iv3shftheecigshop.uk - Looks like at half price too :smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know if this has been posted but at the Delosi site you can buy 3ml testers for .97 cents.

5 Likes

Thanks @natbone, I did get quite a few in that size. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think 3ml is a great idea. It gets a bit tiresome ordering larger sizes and not liking them after using half a ml or so.

5 Likes

I can’t agree more. I ordered quite a few of the 3’s, and their perfect for SFT without a huge investment.

5 Likes

Marshmallow Cereal (Delosi) 5% (1-21-21) – Back at it !!! When I saw this one I had to have it, as my current champion was Purilum’s Strawberry Marshmallow Cereal, hands down. VERY hard for any other to approach that level, but test on, we shall. Had to finish two tanks to get a firm nail down on this one. There were some cereal elements, but they were much lower in the mix. The MM was the leader here, and while pretty good, didn’t have lots of mouthfeel to it. As a “cereal” marshmallow, it’s actually really good, as it captured the little almost dusted tiny MM’s found in cereals, and not a campfire, or sticky MM. Sweetness was obviously above mid level, but not cloying, no off-putting notes, and 2 tanks later, wasn’t sick of it. As billed, I have to knock it down as the “cereal” was just too laid back. If you DO need mini cereal type marshmallows, this will work GREAT, just don’t expect much cereal from it. Leaving it at a 7/10 as billed, but if it were just “Tiny Cereal type Marshmallows” I’d have to go 9.9/10.

3 Likes

Sweet Cream (Delosi) 5% (1-21-21) – There only used to be a few SC’s out there, but now, there’s quite a few. Some keep to the traditional “sweet” cream, which is just an absence of a sour cream, others are actually sweet/sweetened. This one actually had some sweetness to it, and some relaxed creamery elements. Assuming dik/daap free it was missing a lot of the richness and mouthfeel that many have. Not terrible, no BA notes, no buttery-ness, just not as present as you’d probably want when using a “cream”. Could be used as a base mixer, but probably not as a top cream element. Sweetness while present, was lower than mid level, and worked for this profile. Some kick downs for a slightly thinner, and less creamy cream. 6/10.

4 Likes

Cherry (Delosi) 2% (1-23-21) – What do we fear with Cherries ?? EVERYTHING !!! Kidding. I am still apprehensive when trying to decide on initial testing strengths with Cherries, having being burned soo many times before. Decided to go low with this one (relative) as there just wasn’t much info on it out there. At this low weight, the great news was I wasn’t slammed with a soapy, medicinal, floral assault to my senses. Now, I was also not assaulted with a full cherry either !!! I may re-test this higher for better analysis, but at 2%, I wouldn’t call this a full, in your face cherry. Smelled great in the tank, but vaping it was rather hollow, and seemed to be a HUE of a cherry. Now, this COULD easily be that I tested it too low. Somewhat sweet, and tart, with clear aspects of Cherries, but just needed some more body, presence, and fullness. Because it was so subdued, complete analysis was hard to obtain. Not overly natural, somewhat candied, and not bright or dark, but a middle of the scale cherry. Re-testing higher may reveal more, but at this weight, it would probably be best as a Cherry base mixer/enhancer/builder, and that’s not the end of the world. At 2%, will leave this one at 5/10. Not offensive in any way, just not ON the offense.

3 Likes

Vanilla Yogurt (Delosi) 5% (1-21-21) – I eat yogurt, but have never been a huge fan of vaping it, so this one was tested with pause. Smelling it in the bottle didn’t reveal any sour / culture notes, so I figured I was safe. Vaping it revealed none of either, but what I noticed, was without them, it wasn’t very yogurt-y. Hmmmm, interesting. At first I thought, maybe it’s one of those sweetened non-yogurty yogurts, but even after 2 tanks, I became convinced, it just wasn’t a yogurt. It was good, as I got through 2 tankfuls, but despite the almost creamy, somewhat vanilla-y nature, it never went to yogurt-ville. It almost reminded me of a vanilla meets a condensed milk more than anything else. Nothing off-putting, and seemed fine at 5%, with sweetness at about mid level. I’ve yet to test Delosi’s Condensed Milk, but I’ll be interested to see if there’s some of THIS, in THERE. As billed, would have to go down to a 4.5/10 not because it was bad, just because of the not yogurt.

5 Likes

Cereal Base (Delosi) 5% (1-24-21) – Is this the cereal base you’ve been looking for ?? Maybe, maybe not. It had some lower end bakery notes, with some grains, but to my palate, I kept getting the distinctive AP notes. Not overwhelming, but they were there, and once you tasted them, you couldn’t NOT taste them. I’m not opposed to using AP, as I do often, but I can control it’s impact/effect, and this one it was static, and always there. Sweetness was below mid level, and no off notes at 5% could be found. Your tastes/needs will vary, so if you want AP or not, will dictate how good this one is for you. For my “base” needs, I’ll leave it at a mid-level 5/10.

3 Likes

Pineapple (Delosi) 5% (1-26-21) – The more Pineapples I test, the more obvious it becomes that it’s NOT as easy to come up with a good one as you would think. My current mega-champion is:

VTA Sugarloaf Pineapple

Sugarloaf Pineapple (VTA) 4% (6-9-20) – Having just tested VTA’s Pineapple Juice, and having had a “so-so” reaction to it, AND, having used this one many times, was anxious to really solo it. My previous experience in mixes, mirror my SFT here. This one is a Pineapple Powerhouse. No other way to put it. It actually pushed my beloved INW Pineapple off it’s perch as my number one. This “sugarloaf” pineapple should be re-named “sugarLOAD” pineapple. It’s sweet, bright, punchy, and damned delicious. It leans on the sweet side, but not too sweet. Sugarloaf pineapple is a white pineapple, that I’ve never eaten, but I sure would LIKE to now. Very natural, multi-dimensional, and interesting to vape. Nothing artificial tasting to my tastes, and wherein VTA’s Pineapple Juice presented to me as somewhat dull and/or lifeless, this one was the exact opposite. BPD (Bright, Punchy, Delicious), just is really all you need to know on this one. Typically I would think even as good as this is, it will probably be mixed with INW Pineapple, or maybe CAP Golden Pineapple just to round things out, but I’ve used it as the only Pineapple and it worked out GREAT.. So it’s not required, but an option. This one leaned heavier in the mid and high notes, with less lower/darker notes, and it does it well. Hands down a GREAT flavor, and IMO, should be on your VTA Must Have List. 10/10, zero hesitation.

I didn’t think Delosi’s would knock it off it’s perch, and it didn’t. This one smelled great at 5% in the bottle, and after a short steep and vape, it seemed to be a little lack-luster or hollow. There was a good Pineapple in there, but it was just very relaxed. Overall it was fairly natural and seemed to hover in the mid-region of the spectrum, with not as much going on in the darker, or brighter/punchier areas. It could be a very light Pineapple Juice. Continued vaping didn’t reveal any florals, and possible pushing it higher would bolster it a bit, but not sure. Sweetness was a tick above mid level which was fine for a sweet pineapple. I just kept wishing it had more presence. All in, not terrible by any means, just not terribly present, at least at this testing weight. Fresh, fairly natural, with nothing off-putting, and would DEF. work out in bolstering a Pineapple slurry, just NOT the main star. 6.5/10.

3 Likes

Malted Milk (Delosi) 5% (1-26-21) – Well this one was a strange one. I honestly didn’t get much, if any, Malted Milk, but it presented as almost a Soda Base ?? !!! Checked the bottle, and sure enough, that was the flava flave. There were maybe some almost caramel notes in it, but once I tasted the soda base, I couldn’t not taste it. No real creamy or dairy notes, and no malted notes that I could find. I don’t think this is the MM you’re looking for. 1.5/10.

4 Likes

Coconut 10/10
Watermelon 9.25/10
Custard 9.8/10
Glazed Donut 9.9/10
Graham Cracker 9.5/10
Peanut Butter 9.5/10
Vanilla Cream 9.9/10

3 Likes

On the strawberry milk, Do I need to add a sweeten? I added 10 ml to a 100ml bottle and it just has a bitter taste. This is all new to me so just reaching for advice. Thank you so very much

3 Likes

How long did you steep this for and what PG/VG ratio and Nic amount did you use?

3 Likes

I got their premix 50/50 3 nic. I did reorder and got 80vg/20vg. I have yet to try the 80vg/20pg as it just came in today. Its been about a week.

3 Likes

Might be the amount of PG. 50/50 mix plus another 10% flavour in PG…
@SessionDrummer , sound like the problem?

Oh, and welcome to the forum by the way, great info here.

3 Likes

That what i am hoping then. I’ve always vaped 80vg/20pg and when I ordered I didn’t know I could have it mixed the way I wanted. lol With this ban it put me in a spot. So just hurry up and ordered the first them. Thank you for the warm welcome. I will give it a try on the new premix i got.

3 Likes

You may want to get some straight VG and then you can change the ratio in the 50/50. I always use 70vg/30pg but mix from straight vg/pg to allow for flavours.

3 Likes

@heatbutterfly welcome to the VC.

Strawberry Milk 10% (8-10-19) – After a mere few days steep, this one turned out to be quite good. I’ve not had great luck with single flavor milks, and/or milkshakes, so my hopes were low with this one. It did however, prove me wrong. Coming up with an actual SB Milk as opposed to a SB Creme is exactly what they did here. It did come across almost like the SB version of Nesquik. Milky ? Check. SB ? Check. Smooth and even, with just about the right amount of sweet. I used the average % of 10% so it’s not very concentrated, but at 10%, it was a winner. So much so I finished off the tester, and that’s a great sign. The SB was somewhat subdued and could probably use a boost from say FA Juicy SB perhaps, but as is, 9/10 . Going to be getting a bigger bottle of this one as well.

As far as Delosi’s Strawberry Milk, I had pretty good results @ 10%, in a 70v/30p 3mg mix.
Regarding bitterness, I didn’t get any at that rate, and some posts above, could help. I am suspect of your base/carrier, possibly the NIC. Have you use this/these base(s) and NIC with other flavors yet ?

4 Likes