Dark Mode is not working

Continuing the discussion from Discourse Dark Mode:

I have selected Dark Mode but my eyes are still hurting because the screen is still brightly white.
Anybody else?

3 Likes

Mine has turned Bright White also, can’t even find Dark mode to change back!

3 Likes

Preferences, interface and then choose Dark Mode. It just doesn’t make any difference.

3 Likes

Yeah, found it still set too Dark Mode but Bright White, need pair of sunglasses!

4 Likes

Does that mean I can go back to default now and will be white?

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure @grubby knows by now, it’s not changing to Dark Mode.

3 Likes

Wow, can’t even force dark mode in Firefox, as a temp. fix.

3 Likes

This White mode shows how dusty my monitor is, if it’s not fixed soon i will have to get a duster, not good! :sob:

6 Likes

I think I got TOO used to Dark Mode. I’m sure @grubby will be working on it soon.

3 Likes

LOL, I could get it to go Dark, BUT, had to use the way back time machine …

4 Likes

The Big man knows about it, he’s on it :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

4 Likes

It will go dark if you have dark mode on your browser.

As a fix you can select the old dark theme

5 Likes

Thanks man, I can finally rest my eyes :grinning: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@grubby, I tried selecting the Dark Theme in FireFox, but the NOT dark still persists. I will await the repairs, and thank you.

5 Likes

I have now gone snow blind!!! :grimacing:

6 Likes

It’s safe to come out my coffin!!!

4 Likes

Kinda @Timwis

3 Likes

I guess that depends on your browser, it is for me :laughing:

2 Likes

@jose, I tried FFox and Chrome and I’m still looking at not dark, what are you using, or how did you do it ?

1 Like

For anyone who HAD been suffering through the NOT DARK mode, I had been struggling to try and fix it using browser setting/addons to no avail. I kept checking my VC Preferences, and the Dark Mode check box was checked, yet NO DARK MODE !!! Figured sooner or later it would be fixed. After a few days of waiting, went BACK to my Preferences, and while staring at the Dark Mode check box, I noticed a drop down menu “Theme” above it. Clicked it, and changed the Default to VC Dark and BOOM, Dark Mode was BACK !!!

Hope this helps others in the same boat.

3 Likes