Daily Vape News Links

I accidentally printed this out and left a few copies at the doctors surgery here in town - i may or may not have put a few in the doctors inboxes. Have a read it is worth reading and maybe distributing in a few places.

Memo to public health grandees: vaping, vapers and you – The Counterfactual

4 Likes

Looks like Capella is closing their California facility. It may have nothing to do with politics so I won’t speculate.

4 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t seem that farfetched now to think that our politicians have created a climate where everything vape related flees for greener pastures. Capella did open an EU facility recently.

4 Likes

I was speaking with a friend about this earlier today. It is likely unrelated to the BS that is going on since Capella is a food flavouring company the move could be related to shipping product to the Eu. If it was vape related it is unlikely they would move to NJ with the crap they are trying to pull there.

3 Likes

Oh, maybe due to the shipping to flavour state bans like WS and the like

or any product that he or she knows or reasonably should know will be used with or in a vapor
product to create a flavored vapor product

I must say I am unfamiliar with the laws in the states but I would have thought that no state could interfere with parcels or is that not the case?

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: All Vaping Myths Debunked!

You could add #21 . American politicians are looking to ban e-liquid for “health” reasons.

1 Like

The point of all this, again, points to an agenda rather than a response to a public health issue. It’s clear ‘they’ (all the entities standing together on this) are casually dismissing the legal fabric of this country to honor the dirty rat$ who are the ones profiting from this chicken little bullshit. I’m fairly certain they know well what they are doing, how they are circumventing due process, fraudulently passing these ‘rules’, ‘laws’, etc.

And they know they won’t stand up to legal scrutiny. However, they are also aware that the damage is being and will be done, so after all the legal challenges are brought successfully and end this crap, many small business owners will be defeated. Many smokers who may have found vaping to quit smoking will still be sparking up. Many indifferent sheeple will have a more negative view of vaping more deeply rooted in their conscience. As they say, after all, all publicity is good publicity. The tail wagging the dog will have just as much of a destructive effect on vaping as the passage of constitutional laws would have had. So all they need to do is keep up this unjust scaremongering, even if all the rules and laws are eventually tossed out.

Akin to intentional false rape claims. When the accused is publicly identified, the court of public opinion condemns them, and they are stigmatized even long after the hoax is identified.

3 Likes

It isn’t too long. Listen to the end. Incredibly telling.

3 Likes

I am livid! For reference, here is the committee hearing referred to above.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?464638-1/cigarettes-lung-disease
This is where Dr. ButtFuck Rizzo spews pure shit. The same Dr. ButtFuck Rizzo that would not appear if Dr. Siegel was present. This left a young woman without a prefix on her name to be berated by a full panel of paid political hacks. Another layer of political land fill.

3 Likes

From right 2 vape

There is something underneath the surface that is making the CDC reluctant to provide the public with the information and warnings that they need in order to curtail this outbreak.

4 Likes

Poke in the eye

4 Likes

Looks like that lit the fuse on the Empress’s tampon. She’s already preparing a challenge in a higher court. There are more suits to come. Psycho game of thrones on!!

4 Likes

Let the games begin !!!

4 Likes

The court Docs

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6473231-E-cigarette-ruling.html

3 Likes
3 Likes

Worth a watch - at least some politicians get it

5 Likes

STATE OF OREGON TEMPORARILY BARRED FROM ENFORCING FLAVOR BAN! This afternoon, the Court of Appeals of the State of Oregon entered an Order Granting Temporary Stay of enforcement in the lawsuit filed by the Vapor Technology Association, Vape Crusaders Premium E-Liquid, and Smokeless Solutions regarding the flavor ban in Oregon which just took effect two days ago.

The Order states that “The request for an immediate and temporary stay is GRANTED. Enforcement of OAR 333-015-1000 is stayed temporarily, pending respondents having the opportunity to respond to the motions for stay, petitioners having the opportunity to reply, and the court considering the parties’ filings and rendering a decision on the motion."

Once such a briefing and hearing schedule is set, we will update you. But, for the time being, the stay is in effect and the rule may not be enforced.

Tony Abboud, Executive Director of the Vapor Technology Association said, “We are very pleased with the Oregon Court of Appeals decision which preserves the ability of hundreds of small businesses to remain open and continue to serve their adult customers while the legality of this regulation can be challenged and evaluated. Bans don’t work; they never have. So, VTA continues to stand ready to work with the State of Oregon, and all interested stakeholders, on the many real solutions that should be put in place that would actually achieve the twin goals of restricting youth vaping, which already is illegal, and preserving flavored vapor as an alternative for adults desperately trying to quit smoking. ”

Just the VTA statement

5 Likes

Dr. Farsalinos Flavour study

4 Likes

The Independent: I’m an American doctor. Here’s the truth about Juul, vaping and legalizing marijuana.

4 Likes