Chefs coming back?

Chefs coming back?

6 Likes

Wow! So, it looks(to me) like Lewis sold to someone, rather than just shutting the doors completely. Awesome news, thanks for sharing @Grubby :smiley:

6 Likes

Check’s date and time at 3 different sites. Nope, not April 1 anywhere.

Fingers crossed for a grand reopening :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

5 Likes

Tell the new owner to get the Marina Vapes one shots back

2 Likes

Wow, this is great news, but still bizarre. Going, coming back. LOL.

If there was demand, and profit, why did Lewis sell in the first place ? Won’t the new owner(s) have to deal with the same shipping issues that are ongoing in the UK now ?

5 Likes

What are the shipping issues @SessionDrummer ?

2 Likes

I can’t find my original post on it @Grubby, but back when they were teetering back and forth, meaning, “We’re NOT going to be selling flavors”, to “We ARE going to be selling flavors”, then they flipped back again, and cited changes (possibly after Brexit) that had made it UN-profitable to continue, with some random details. A few wees later, they shut their doors. Fast forward to now, “Hey, we’re coming back” !!!

I have a big mix queue to get through, but let me see if I can find their original post/info. I’m fairly sure it had to do with changes/issue after Brexit, but I am by FAR from knowledgeable on that subject.

3 Likes

3 Likes

[Chefs Flavours - The Kitchen] Chefs Flavours - The Kitchen | Facebook administrator has been replaced by a new person.

The location has also changed from Cardiff to Aberdare.

4 Likes

Welcome to VC, @celsior :wave:

3 Likes

I agree with you mate and because of all of their past to-ing and fro-ing and feeling very let down I don’t trust this new announcement and I will believe it when I see it.

3 Likes

@JimmyLee I’m sure it’s challenging as hell to run a business like Chef’s, and I don’t fully understand the impact of Brexit on the businesses there, BUT, as you said, IMO, the sad reality is when the “back and forth” goes on for TOO long, it can lead to consumer fatigue.

I love(d) the CSC flavors, and DID indeed increase my stock levels waaaaaay up, once things started looking dicey.

I/we have nothing to loose, and EVERYTHING to gain by them succeeding, so I am hopeful for them.

4 Likes

I don’t know this at all but I am guessing that there is a totally new owner (judging by the admin changes on the FB page).

4 Likes

I’ve been watching reruns of shark tank and dragons den, I’d like to know what this company is valued at? What are the sales to date?

1 Like

I agree with you mate and I wish them all the best of luck but I’m just afraid to get my hopes up like we did before, once bitten twice shy as they say.

3 Likes