Bug - Nic Calculation error

Hi, I hope this is the correct place to put this, the bug report thread seems to be locked.
I am seeing an error when trying to mix any recipe in the amount of Nic, VCC seems to be calculation more than double the amount required in grams and the total calculation is showing only 98.5%. See comparison below between the VCC calculated numbers compared to the numbers from ATF.

4 Likes

Looks like it’s taken 2 grams from the VG and added it to the nic :thinking:

Thanks for letting us know, I’ll take a look ASAP :+1:

3 Likes

I am unable to reproduce your results, I only get this…

4 Likes

Ok so I did some more testing, it looks like it may be a bad saved default value in the ‘PG content of Nicotine’ field.

If I open the recipe and just change the ‘Desired Strength’ from 2>1.5 and ‘Nicotine Strength’ from 0>100 and leave the other fields as their default value, I get the original error.

If I enter 100 into the ‘PG content of Nicotine’ field, even though it already reads 100 then the calculation fixes itself to what you are seeing.

Also, I see you are getting a cost calculation but even if I add my costs in the settings I am still getting the cost error in my original post, and the costs don’t seem to save in my profile.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m seeing a similar issue. I mixed up a 10mL tester and I couldn’t figure out why it was borderline unvapable until I double checked the recipe. VCC is telling me to add a bit over twice as much nicotine, so my 12mg mix is coming out closer to 25mg.

Screenshots attached of the same recipe on a different calculator and here on VCC.

I’m on an iPad using Chrome iOS, if that makes a difference.

Edit: If I do the same thing OP mentioned by re-entering 100 in the PG content field and then click the mix button, I see this:

I’m guessing it’s a validation error of some sort?

2 Likes

Not sure what is causing it. Was the recipe an import from ATF there may be an issue with the json file or the import process.

I cannot replicate it with creating a recipe.

1 Like

Scratch recipe on VCC, not an import. Are you on a desktop PC? I have this weird feeling it’s a browser-specific error because I see similar issues with JavaScript on places like Steam Engine, but not on desktop.

1 Like

That could be the case I do not have any I devices to test on hopefully @Grubby does.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Hopefully it gets figured out. On the bright side, it really underscored just how good Carolina Xtract nicotine is…even though my tester ended up way closer to 30mg/mL, it was only about as harsh as oxidized 12mg from somewhere else. I should stock up on this stuff.

2 Likes

Just by way of interest, which browser were you using?

1 Like

The iOS Chrome browser on an iPad.

2 Likes

Hmm…weird because I use Chrome (pc) and I had an isolated incident where it mixed the flavour manufactures up, but again…we can’t seem to replicate it, could well be a chrome issue, wouldn’t be the first time

1 Like

Yeah, wouldn’t surprise me either. I used to be a web dev before getting into game dev, and if I had a penny for every time I’ve had to deal with little things behaving differently across different browsers, lifting my piggybank would give me a hernia.

2 Likes

Honestly…I don’t know why I keep using Chrome, I have more issues with that than any other, but its just a habit :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Me too, man. Me too. I guess I’m a glutton for punishment!

2 Likes