Boro Mods. Are the worth it?

Are boro mods really worth the money? They are so much more expensive than most regulated mods out there. How do they compare to something like a Target 200 with a good RTA on it?

4 Likes

Yes

4 Likes

In my view they never used to be when the only alternatives were donating an organ for an original or still forking out quite a wedge for an SXK copy and have half the vaping community calling you for it! Even the idea of having just the one device and then just buying small bridges to fit in the same boro fall flat on it’s face as you can just buy one standard vaping device and many tanks so much cheaply I didn’t really buy into the convenience of them. On top of that those that did get one or even some of them just had constant leaking issues with boros that they would never admit too always claiming it was condensation (hardly going to admit they have spent hundreds of pounds on a pile of junk)

However now it’s come to the mainstream and devices supporting a boro can be bought at all sorts of price points and boro RBA’s from mainstream manufacturers are no more expensive than an RTA I say they are worth having a punt if just for curiosity! You can now get top to bottom airflows like the Vision which has zero leaking and also make those that always said it was condensation open to ridicule, you can also get mesh bridges and boro RBA’s so much more innovation now it’s in the mainstream.

Just be very wary of that rabbit hole, I know a few who got sucked in and then after buying double digits amount of devices and god knows how many bridges and boro RBA’s woke up one day and thought why have I bought all this sh^t!

5 Likes

I love squonkets, small 22mm single coils, but you can’t beat the form factor of a billet box. The bridges like a 22mm are tighter and you don’t draw much power so most run on single 18650. They aren’t cloud machines but more or less a casual tooter you can toss in a breast pocket and puff outside without being obtrusive. They’re fun to collect, each bra have some finicky elements to them. For example, you need to what your leads or you will get a short because everything is a tight fit. Most of the higher end ones tend to have airflow pins and whatnot to tailor the draw from wide open to mtl.

They do not leak in the sense of if you leave it upside down in your pocket, but depending on use, Boro style and air intake you will get condensation. But like anything if you don’t wick properly you will have issues but generally bras are more forgiving than rtas

They look sweet too

5 Likes

I have no clue @MisterSadister, I have a few, and not high end for sure, but I never really bit. @JoelSq swears by them.

3 Likes

So, from what I gather, it makes no difference. A good RTA on a good mod is just as good as a good Boro Mod? Other than aesthetics, they are basically the same.

5 Likes

I generally view it as the result of the craze around the Billet Box. Just go out and get the best RDA you can afford and slap it on a reliable mod. You could get two Asgard Minis and two Gaurs for less than one AIO with a Boro tank. So, there’s no contest for me on this matter.

5 Likes

Me want

6 Likes

Like my mother always told me “what you want and what you get are two different things” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes