Best bridge to fit the Abyss AIO?

Preferably DTL or RDL.

5 Likes

Billet boxes and BB type devices are limited by airflow and low wattage devices, they only give MTL to RDL!

As for best it really is a personal preference and also down to budget, when it comes to clones as ever there are good clones ok clones and bad clones people should really do their own personal research!

Billet boxes and bridges have been about for years but even though some bridges need the donation of an organ to afford they have the reputation for leaking and condensation, and wicking is much more temperamental than say wicking an RTA or RDA, they are for people with patience as they are a labour of love!

6 Likes

I’m not that far down the rabbit hole just yet. Just after a half decent rdl/dtl bridge to stick in this abyss.

Got a pulse now too and the new pulse incoming soon so I’m looking to get a cthulhu 520 for that, assuming it does decent rdl.

4 Likes

The 520 is versatile the full range of air inserts!

5 Likes

This will be a good read, an ongoing thread since the Abyss release, might give you some ideas! Some minor issues at release are not a concern as they have now been addressed!

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/suicide-mods-dovpo-abyss.71236/

5 Likes

Cool. I’ll give it a read through tomorrow.

Thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I give it a hard time in the thread but that was down to the price and it comes with next to nothing, at £24.99 is a different matter!

5 Likes

Indeed. If be fuming if I’d paid over a hundred quid for it and got nothing in the box to get a build going.
Surely 1 nautilus coil wouldn’t kill them lol

5 Likes

So many add-ons, like SBS kit, bridge pack, Ether RBA etc and at the price many assumed all that was included!

6 Likes

The funny thing is it’s since come out in a DNA version which was cheaper than this version originally was!

6 Likes

I have a 520 for my pulse and an Insider for my Abyss arriving tomorrow :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My new Abyss arrived today!

6 Likes

3 of those massive failures were from :canada: from ODIS Design.

ODIS - Oh Dis Is Shit.
Designed in Canada, Made in China, Priced like it was German or Swiss

The ‘flow’ was such a flop, they offered numerous replacement bits but it rarely ever matched up.
The Boxxer and Boxxer V2. Top Coiler with great great hype from the hype masters and they all swore their pre-production units were the best bridge/rba they’d ever used.
I just googled and they don’t seem to be around any longer. Good effin riddance.

6 Likes

People in the UK can still get stung! Found they still have products left in the supply chain and quite a lot of it is in the UK!

7 Likes

In general I find Boro tanks whether a Boro RBA or Boro fitted with bridge tend to have more leaking issues than tanks and it just can get messy with being fitted inside the device. Many BB fanatics say it’s not leaking but just condensation and no doubt that’s partly the case but when the tissue goes the same shade as the e-liquid being used logic says it’s leaking!

The exception to the rule is the Vision by Umbrella Mods which is gravity fed and has top to bottom airflow which is a real game changer giving no leaking or condensation (because it was leaking all along)!

Unfortunately for Umbrella Mods but great for BB vapers the top to bottom airflow will now be copied and there will be more dry BB devices!!!

6 Likes

Dead right Tim. The way I describe it is if you actually see liquid it’s a leak. I have/use the OG Insider and the exocet v1 and v2. The condensation I get is a fine particulate on the boro side inner doors and mod. I can feel it and it’s tiny droplets. No pooling.

6 Likes

You try telling that to a BB fanatic mate who’s spent thousands on devices and bridges that they worship!

7 Likes

I was gifted one of those Odis, one build and it collect dust nowadays

3 Likes

@Illogik Sadly I bought an Abyss, one of the Storm Trooper editions and the damn thing fried… I contacted them to send me another chip but they seemed to want me to pay for shipping back and I couldn’t do it at the time. It’s passed warranty now, but I’m not too impressed at all… It’s a cool design and all but I’m thinking it was maybe a friday board.

As far as RBAs go, Heir has a nice range of Airflow, recently picked up one as I sold my first. But it’s pretty Airy and they’re cheap if you can find used.

1 Like

The abyss air flow is poo on mine any thing I put in the poo tank gets reduced by half on the airside that pops apart if you’re not careful takeing your battery out. Just use the 510 connector and turn it into a 21700 SBS

1 Like