Battery advice wanted! (VooPoo Drag X2)

Also worth mentioning, they seem to be cheaper batteries too… The molicells are usually cheaper wherever I get them from in Canuckistanadia

1 Like

Welcome @BigTimbo the molicel 28 is your best choice if your worried about the battery running out buy two never push ya battery regulated or not mooch has a You tube show it’s well worth a watch explains all the dark knowledge

4 Likes

Oh, are you feeling more confident and relaxed tonight?

I do worry about others retaining their confidence to ask in the forums.

Yes, ones like me can be scary, and others will promote their own stance. Then we have the regular events of two old farts arguing over a pint and ignoring the one who created the topic: That’s when we say ‘Rails?! Where we are going we don’t need rails!!!’

Why I also welcome all to the Mad House, or the House of Fun :

1 Like

Welcome, @BigTimbo! Your question resonates with my own vaping journey. It’s a simple query with a straightforward answer, yet the research and overthinking phase is a shared experience. I can relate to that ongoing curiosity.

In South Africa, my go-to choice is Gosilli G30 batteries. They’ve proven to be the best available option for me. Interestingly, I find myself accumulating more batteries than mods. Having a couple of sets charged and ready at all times allows for quick swaps as needed, ensuring a seamless vaping experience.

Speaking of batteries, it’s worth noting that 18650 batteries are a staple in the vaping world. They offer a balance of capacity, discharge rate, and size, making them popular for powering various mods. Remember, safety is paramount, so always use high-quality batteries from reputable brands and practice proper battery care. If you have any more questions or if there’s anything specific you’d like to know about 18650 batteries, feel free to ask!

5 Likes

Thanks for the wise words, I do tend towards over researching anything before I buy. Hate that feeling of getting something and later finding out it wasn’t optimal (or even safe!) :joy:

Though a little off topic from the original thread, I was wondering how much of a cardinal sin it is to recharge my battery via onboard device charging? As opposed to a dedicated charger. Will it just lead to something like faster battery deterioration, or is there safety concerns also?

1 Like

Hey there! No worries, mate – over-researching is like a rite of passage in the vaping world. We’ve all been there! :nerd_face:

Now, onto your question about onboard device charging. It’s not exactly a cardinal sin, but more like a cautionary tale. Using the onboard charging can speed up battery wear and tear, potentially shortening their lifespan. Plus, it puts a bit more strain on the device itself. Safety-wise, it’s generally okay with modern devices, but it’s crucial to keep an eye on it.

For the safest bet, a dedicated charger is like the Gandalf of battery care – wise and reliable. But if you’re in a pinch, just keep a close watch, and you should be good. Safe vaping, my friend! :dash::battery:

4 Likes

Okay that’s good to know cheers, will look into getting a dedicated charger!

1 Like

Fantastic choice! Opting for a dedicated charger is a smart move to ensure your batteries stay in tip-top condition.

4 Likes

If you find that you ever need to carry around a spare, don’t have it loose in your pocket with any coins/metals. The top is the positive and the entire body and bottom is the negative.

3 Likes

Absolutely, safety first! I couldn’t agree more. If you ever need to carry a spare battery, a battery case is the way to go – it’s like a cozy home for your power buddy. And your advice about avoiding loose batteries in the pocket with coins or metals is spot on. Positive vibes up top, negative vibes down below – let’s keep it safe and sound. :dash::battery:

3 Likes

Welcome to VC, @BigTimbo :wave:

2 Likes

Welcome to the V.C @BigTimbo. You have already been given some very sound advice but one other little bit of advice is to inspect your batteries regularly for any little nicks or tears on the battery wraps and insulator rings as any exposed metal can cause a short.

5 Likes