Aspire Rhea X 100W Kit review

Hello VC today I’m going to be reviewing the Rhea X Kit which was sent to me from Aspire.

All the words written here were chosen by me to hopefully demonstrate the functionality and characteristics of the Rhea X kit.

Aspire has returned to the Rhea range this time with an 18650 version of its bigger brother the RHEA 200W mod but this time including an all-new Hurrican Sub Ohm tank to make it a kit.

Aspire has made the Rhea X in the same durable format as the Rhea but this version is more ergonomic in the hand and same convenient layout and tough hard-wearing rubber buffers that will stand the test of even the most careless clumsy user. I’ve seen on Aspires social media that they ran over this device with a car to demonstrate its durability!

** In The Box**

• Rhea X mod that uses an external 18650 battery.
  • Huracan tank with a preinstalled bubbled glass (6mL capacity).
  • Spare straight glass (4mL capacity).
  • 0.15 ohm BP Mesh coil pre-installed
  • 0.3 ohm BP Mesh coil.
  • Spares like o-rings.
  • A USB-C charging cable.
  • User manual

** Rhea X features and functions**

There are real nice clicky tactile buttons that just feel good to use. Branding consists of engraved Rhea X logo on one side and Aspire on the other and a soft spongey Alcantara material to the rear. On top, a large flush 510 plate is held in place with 3 screws. On the bottom, you have a USB TypeC charging port and a threaded battery door cap. Inside the battery orientation is clearly marked.

Kit dimensions: 142x37x32mm and 5 different power modes• Battery type: External 18650 (Not included)• Type of recharge: Rapid type C 2A• Output mode: Watt / Voltage / Bypass / TC / CPS• Output power range: 1-100W• Output voltage range: 5.0V-9.0V• Temperature range: 200-600 ° F / 100-315 ° C• Supported Resistance Range: 0.08-3.5Ω• Cut-Off: 10s

The Rhea X comes with safety features built into the ASP chipset to let you just get on with what your doing and always know Aspire has you back when it comes to rugged durability and safety features

I was sent the Black variant but the Rhea X comes in 5 different colors

** Huracan on the Horizon**

The included all-new Huracan tank is a top air-flow sub-ohm tank made from stainless steel with a whopping 6ml e-liquid capacity. Measuring 26mm with the bubble glass fitted. Top air flow means no leaks and the way the air intakes into the tank is like it has an inbuilt vapor chamber to get the air to the coil.

The Huracan tank uses Aspire’s BP Mesh coils and I started out testing with the pre-installed 0.15Ω coil which is rated at 60-80Watts. This coil gave great flavor from the start after a quick 5minute soak in the tank I brought it right up to 75Watts where it produced a warm saturated vape with clouds for days. Lasting to around the 600 puff mark before I started to notice a drop off in flavor.

Next up is the more battery-friendly 0.3Ω coil using the same e-liquid and same break-in time this coil gives a cooler vape but no difference in flavor. This is my first experience with the BP coil range from Aspire and their BP mesh coils are not half bad. In the provided leaflet pictured below is the full range of BP coils that are compatible with the Huracan

The Top cap on the Huracan is removed easily by a quarter turn and reveals large kidney shaped fill holes. A free moving adjustable air flow ring with just enough tension to hold it in place to where you set your air flow preference. A comfortable 810 drip tip is held snugly in place with an internal O-ring and on the bottom of the tank is some branding and no serial number

The Huracan also comes in different colors so you can customize your style mix and match if you decide to buy the mod and tank separately.

** Summary**

The Aspire Rhea X 100Watt Kit is a tough rugged comfortable to hold sub-ohm kit with great features and performance. With 6ml e-liquid capacity in the Huracan tank, it is a bring anywhere do anything kind of kit. With replacement coils are easy enough to find in any reputable vendor.

I like the Rhea X kit and it’s all pros for me on this latest release from Aspire tho I would as I’m sure some of you out there are like me and wish Aspire would release a 21700 battery compatible device perhaps it’s in the works huh Aspire?

I really enjoyed testing and reviewing Rhea X 100W kit from Aspire. I would like to again thank the lovely folks over at Aspire for sending this kit over and I hope you enjoyed reading this review.

5 Likes

Great review @Daredevil.

3 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

Well done @Daredevil Thanks :wink:

3 Likes

@whthek Thanks :+1:t2:

3 Likes