Aliexpress no longer shipping to the US?

I ordered a couple of things last week from aliexpress and it went through fine and shipped but today nothing ecig related is available to ship to the US. I wanted to find out if it was just me or is this happening to others as well? I checked the website and the app, the app tells me “This item can’t ship to the United States”

2 Likes

1 Like

Gonna fix that image… BRB :laughing:

1 Like

Shit, there is supposed to be some FDA announcement today, maybe this is a sneak peak?

3 Likes

US and China don’t have the greatest of relationships, maybe this is a way of them distancing themselves

2 Likes

Here’s an extensive list I found of all restrictions. The US is not prominently present so far.

https://www.heavengifts.com/article/Exclusive-Distributor-of-Various-e-Cig-Brands.html

3 Likes

No we certainly don’t. I don’t remember who, but some govt ______ was calling for seizures of vaping products at the ports. There is also the Fentanyl problem coming from China and some of the pressure being put on them is because of that. 130 people a day dying from overdoses.

So I think its a matter of when rather than if they will ban imports which will again play into the hands of Big Tobacco and the money sucking politicians. I hope I’m wrong.

2 Likes

I tried to research this a little more and can’t find anything specific. However the “trade deal” being “negotiated” between the US and China contains a ban list that has not been disclosed.So its hard to say but banning vaping products, in whole or in part, would not surprise me. The products and packaging used for the tainted counterfeit THC carts and pods are already illegal, though they are obviously more concerned about banning regulated and safe nic products.

As far as Aliexpress and the trade war, the Chinese may feel its in their best interests to tell certain manufacturers to cease shipments either as a bargaining chip or an economic weapon.

3 Likes