After A Lemon Curd

I am after getting a Lemon Curd or close to flavour without having to buy more flavourings.

These are my Lemons:

Screenshot (832)

Which is the closest or can any of you mixing geniuses think of anything (which I hopefully have) that can be mixed with my Lemon/Lemons to get a Lemon Curd type flavour?

3 Likes

Well, I’d think a lemon with whatever characteristics and maybe some custard or a creamier cheesecake maybe… Even some meringue would do, like FAs… Not sure about new flavours.

Never had the lemon custard, but that might be close…

I’m a very linear type mixer because I suck, but I’m sure someone has some tobacco and greek yogurt with yakima hops or some shit will get you where you need

3 Likes

do you have meingue at all? I f so I would try lemon custard with a bit of flv lemonade and meringue and see how it goes.

4 Likes

Arte Italiano is re-branded FA:

Screenshot (834)

When you say a bit mate what ball park percentage of Lemon Custard/Lemonade/ and the best Meringue ? Cheers

4 Likes

I would try 3% custard, 1% lemonade 1%meringue Flavor Art for starting point and have to adjust from there. It is hard to know for me exactly. I do hope it gets you somewhere. Do you have any other custards too?

4 Likes

Apart from a Coconut custard which obviously wont help I have these:

Screenshot (835)
Screenshot (836)

3 Likes

chuck in 1.75% FA custard premium to thicken it up

5 Likes

cracking, cheers for your help!

3 Likes

You know, I see you like Lemon/bakery types… One underrated one from VTA is Lemon Meringue Tart… If it wasn’t for @SessionDrummer 's Wordsmithing on his reviews, I probably wouldn’t have picked it up but I love it so much I buy a 60ml each time I resupply…

I even like doing weird shit with it, like FW Fruit Rings, or simply with a bit of that VC1, or raspberry has been great in it… Banger that one.

6 Likes

Thanks @Joel, and that’s a good idea…

5 Likes

Yeah, toss in some FLV mango and (I think Juicy or Ripe, Can’t remember the combo) as per required and you’ve got a mango tart with brighter mango notes…

Next to FLV BB Muffin, probably my top 2

6 Likes

Going to mix this up tomorrow, will I get some idea off the bat or will it need to be left a while?

4 Likes

Not a Pro like Luke, but that Premie Custard doesn’t take long to settle at all, I usually mix up an earl grey custard with that stuff and it’s pretty good after a couple days

7 Likes

earl grey custard doesn’t sound like it would be good if left for a decade, lol

5 Likes

Oh man, it’s so good though, one of my favourite blends… It tastes like earl grey and when you’re drunk it tastes like a KFC wet wipe

6 Likes

I only went with the flavors you had. VT sour lemon is a real good one for maing a sweet lemon curd.

6 Likes

It certainly smells great!!!

6 Likes

Great to hear…hopefully ita ok given what you had

6 Likes

How did it go?

5 Likes

Worked well mate!

5 Likes