Aegis Legend 2 setting

So on my Aegis Legend 2 there is a setting in TC-TCR mode with a T next to it and the value can be changed from 0 to 5000. Can anyone shed any light onto what it is?

4 Likes

That is the actual TCR value and should be set to whatever metal you use. Many wire suppliers will tell you the range for their wires. You will notice it is there in the other three modes too, only you cannot change it. Ni will be 0690, Ti will be 0410 and SS316L will be 0105

You would only be using that mode with metals outside of those ranges, basically when the metal gets hot, its resistance will increase by a certain about, the temperature coefficient, and this is how tc works. Your mod does not know the actual temperature of anything. If you are using the stock coils, or unless you have purchased actual coils for tc, then your metal might be kanthal, in which case that number does nothing and tc will fire asif it is in wattage mode.

5 Likes

Hmm ok, thanks.

Iā€™m using a Smok TFV16 tank and the dual mesh Smok coils. Iā€™m just using the normal ā€˜Powerā€™ mode but was just wondering what that setting was for. As far as Iā€™m aware, these coils are nickel. Should I be using TC-NI mode with these? Iā€™m a bit of a noob atm with this but Iā€™m learning!

6 Likes

Can you show us a pic of the coil pack?
If they are Ni (ni200) coils then yes they should be used in TC mode ONLY
if they are nichrome then they will not work properly in tc mode

TC coils
Stainless steel , Nickel , Titanium

Wattage Mode
Kanthal (ka1), Nichrome, Stainless Steel

If they are actually Nickel set the TCR to somewhere between 0620 and 0690 as @yodaofborg said

Stainless steel range is between 0092 and 0105

6 Likes

The box the coils are in doesnā€™t actually say what they are made of. Hereā€™s a pic from the Smok site that says they are nickel-chrome. Iā€™m using the middle one.

3 Likes

That looks like Nichrome so it wont work in TC mode so power, vpc or bypass only on the aegis

5 Likes

Ok, thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Will be mate, I canā€™t think of any Smok stock coils that are for TC unless maybe SS but I donā€™t think so, definitely not Ni200!

4 Likes

TCR possibly would be used when using SS which isnā€™t SS316 as there are other variants of SS, it might also be needed when for some reason a value which isnā€™t the pre-set for one of the TC wire types for TC works better or even when using a wire that isnā€™t one of the usual 3 so for example if you are ā€œloads of moneyā€ Gold would work in TC but would need the correct TCR value added!

5 Likes