Act to protect vaping from a ban in the UK

The govt are consulting on the future of vapes and will consider banning either disposables or flavours - or both. Make sure you sign the industry’s petition at the UKVIA website. Save Vaping, Save Lives

7 Likes

@Robino Firstly, welcome.

Secondly, I might not call the UK home, but I’m with you 100%! Vaping is a universal experience, and we need to stand together to protect it worldwide. If they decide to bid farewell to disposables, so be it, no major loss. Disposables suck. But when it comes to flavors, touch our beloved tastes, and we’ll be raising a riot! :dash::fist:

Thanks for sharing the heads-up about the UKVIA petition – signing it ASAP. Let’s save vaping, save lives, and keep those flavors alive! #GlobalVapeUnity :earth_africa::south_africa:

5 Likes

Welcome to the VC @Robino.

3 Likes

Welcome to VC, @Robino :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome to the V.C @Robino. Here is the link for people to have their say to the U.K. government. I have already filled it out and although it is quite lengthy, so long as you don’t close the page on your browser you can go back to it without losing your previous input.

4 Likes

Nice bit of help here, Jimmy!

4 Likes

Added your links to the first post, thanks :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks mate.

4 Likes
5 Likes

@MisterSadister, this is a good example of what I wrote in the government survey, that existing laws need to be properly enforced before making new laws as this is where the root of the problem lies with underage vaping.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! The issue of underage vaping is a genuine concern, and I’m all for effective enforcement of existing laws. But, can we talk about the elephant in the room – disposables? Walk into a vape shop these days, and it’s like walking into a disposable convenience store. I can’t be the only one who misses the days of exploring mods, tanks, and unique juices. Disposables are the bane of the vaping world! Let’s put the focus where it belongs – on quality, not quick fixes. :no_smoking::dash:

5 Likes

Well at least in the US, by the CDC’s own data youth smoking peaked and with the decline less are smoking cigarettes now too later in life…

There is a guy on twitter called Chauncey Gardener, some sort of PHD that is constantly battling the mislead people posting about Anti-Vaping stuff and I think he’s apart of the VAEP group, a non-profit which was started by a Nurse here in the Capitol City here to do much the same, even offering videos and whatnot breaking down studies. Lots of great people doing good things in getting the vaping ‘gospel’ out there.

With Tedros in power, you won’t get anywhere though.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ChaunceyGardner/status/1730998884527219194

2 Likes

I totally agree with you and think that the wretched things should be banned outright. People managed perfectly well before they were around and in my mind they MOSTLY only cater to the lazy and bone idle, people that don’t care about the environment and to kids pocket money.

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself! Ah, disposables, the pinnacle of innovation for the “lazy and bone idle.” Because who needs a reusable, customizable setup when you can contribute to environmental chaos and cater to the whims of pocket money? :smirk: Let’s go back to the good ol’ days when vaping was an art, not a convenience store aisle.

5 Likes

@MisterSadister you have banged the nail firmly on the head Sir.

5 Likes

If it wasn’t for disposables the government wouldn’t even be having this consultation, until school kids started buying these god forbidden things the UK government was so pro vaping!

4 Likes

@Timwis Couldn’t agree more! It’s not just a UK predicament; disposables have become a worldwide plague, tarnishing the very essence of what vaping stands for. These quick-fix, environment-clogging devices are threatening to overshadow the benefits of vaping. :no_entry_sign::dash: Let’s hope the powers that be recognize the true essence of vaping amidst the disposable mayhem.

3 Likes

@Timwis and @MisterSadister hear, hear! I couldn’t have said it better myself.

3 Likes

@JimmyLee I can, but that sort of language if frowned upon.

3 Likes