A peek at the Wotofo Faris RDTA/RDA by José

I will start with the usual, which is that I got this send over for review by healthcabin, which will not influence my opinion of this device.

This is another collaboration between a vendor and a vaper. I’ve never heard of this one but since I stopped watching Youtube reviewers a long time ago that’s no surprise.

The man goes by the name of Vape Geek Q8 and I will let you know what I think of him, or rather his product, in this piece.

So%20it%20begins

As usual the box is where we normally start.

It's%20a%20box

All right then…

Box

What’s there to say, no cutouts!

Cut%20that%20shit%20out

Inside the box you get a plethora of goodies

Lets%20get%20this%20over%20with

Brand:

Wotofo
Unit: 1Set
RDTA Size: 2444mm
RDA Size: 24
36mm
Materials: S.S. + Pyrex
Drip Tip: Colored resin, 810 sized
Threading: 510 thread
E-liquid Capacity: 3ml
Filling Method: Side Filling & Squonk BF Method
Airflow Type: Adjustable side airflow
Insulator Material: PEEK
Extra Accessory: 2ml Frosted PC Tank Tube
Package: Gift Box

Each set contain:

1pc Faris RDTA
1pc User Manual
2pc Wicking Port Block
1pc Extra 810 Drip Tip
1pc 2ml Frosted PC Tank Tube
1bag Framed Staple Clapton Coil
1bag Agleted Japanese Cotton
1bag Extra Orings & Screws

There are 5 different colours to be had

As the name implies this is a 2 in 1 tank

Bottom%20RDTA%3ARDA

There is a large pin in the RDA which screws in and out

That's%20gross

And a small pin in the RDTA, which has to be pushed out
The deck is post-less and very easy to build on.

You can have a dual or single coil in there, whatever floats your boat. I went with a single coil because that’s what I like best.
I used one of the coils that came in the box

Included%20coil%20specs

Coil

The legs were long enough to have an extra wrap on either side, which left them at just the right length.

I find that when the legs are just a little shorter than the measuring tool indicates, you have the perfect placement of the coil.

This got me to .48 ohms, which is just about how I like it.

Coil%20Wicked

Bottom%20Wick

I left the cotton rather short and it works just fine.
You can fill the RDTA through the side fill port.

Fillport

The little rubbery thing you see is what they call a duckbill valve.

What%20

Duckbill

It works like this

Duckbill%20valve

Talking about rubbery things, I was a little confused about the two pieces that were included for single coil configurations.

I assumed they were for blocking off one of the airflows but there was no way you could insert them in front of the airflow and since the single coil is smack in the middle it didn’t make any sense either.

Stupid me, they are wicking port blocks. Having a single coil will leave you with rather less cotton than with a dual coil, which might create a problem so here it is.

Wickingport%20block

The airflow holes have a down angle of 45 degrees, which puts the airflow right under the coils.
There are notches in the top cap for the perfect placement of the airflow.

Airflow

The flavour is pretty good on this thing.
There’s also a vapour condensate barrier in the top cap to prevent condensation to enter the mouth.
Don’t ask me how that works, it just does.

Now I’m getting to the part that I personally like best.

Tada

See, ever since I got into squonking, which is not so very long, I’ve been thinking about how nice it would be to be able to squonk into a tank.

I don’t know about you, but whenever I’m right in the middle of something, my tank decides it needs a refill and I just don’t have the time or energy for it right there and then.

Bummer

At first I thought it would be too good to be true, but I did notice that there was also a little squonk pin included for the RDTA.

After dutifully filling the RDTA through the fill port the first time I decided to give it a shot and put the squonk pin in.

I gave the bottle a good squeeze and was expecting the liquid to come pouring out from under the tank.

Oh%20shit

It went straight into the tank!

Science

I’m as happy as a pig with wings.

Pig

Needless to say I haven’t used the fill port anymore. This is utter heaven for the lazy among us.

Heaven

If you want to check if your coil is not too dirty, just pull off the top cap and have a look.
You can change the cotton and have a dry burn with everything in place.
This is my dream come true.

I didn’t notice any difference between the RDA and RDTA when it comes to flavour and ended up solely using the RDTA.

RDA

RDTA

The pin is protruding nicely so no problem on a hybrid.

So what do I think?

I think they have a winner here.

Genius

Very well thought out, the squonking into the RDTA actually brings something new to the table. AFAIK this hasn’t been done before. Of course I could be wrong.

Wrong

The flavour is very good, no leaking anywhere. I would definitely replace this if it would break.
I haven’t been able to put it down.
Building is a breeze, what more can I say.

Are there any cons?

If I want to bitch I could say that the logo feels a little sharpish, the box hasn’t got any cut outs and it’s a PITA to take out the extra drip tip.

This doesn’t take away anything from the performance of this baby so…. NO, I haven’t found any.

So all I’m left with is a big thank you to Cortana from healthcabin, and a big thank you to myself for picking this from the list.

Smart

You can find the Faris here, code JOSE will get you 10% off.

Thank you all for reading and see you next time

8 Likes

Nice work once again Jose :wink::+1::ok_hand::dash::dash::dash: thanks for sharing it :facepunch:

4 Likes

Thanks man, I was just reading your review of it. Seems like we split the work, you did the RDA and I did the RDTA :laughing:

I’ve never liked them but this one is definitely a keeper.

4 Likes

Great review and I learnt something, I wondered what the bend in the rod was for… :laughing: Cheers :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks bro and that was news to me too :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve read that Wotofo has some pretty good kit about these days, no?

2 Likes

Always been quite a fan of the Troll :+1:

2 Likes

Looks like the groove. Thanks for laying it out!!!

2 Likes

YMMV but I’m really digging this.

3 Likes

Great review @Jose ! Dangit, I have been trying to resist buying this… but you know how well me and temptation get along. If I buy this you will be the Tobacco Flower Enabler. Is that you in the red bathing suit?

2 Likes

Thanks man and I’ve always wanted to grow up to be an enabler :blush:

Good lord no, she’s merely pretty whereas I am absolutely stunning. That’s why I don’t show my picture online, it’s hard to be faced with such beauty.
I have a responsibility here. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Just say yes, @Jose, just say yes… In mind you already are anyway, va-va-va-voom!!!

2 Likes

Great review @Jose this might be one to pick up, it sounds very interesting. Thank you.:grinning:

4 Likes

I might be picking one up soon. Will be interesting to try out (not intending to use rdta mode tho)

5 Likes

Thanks @Tworrs and @adary

You don’t know what you’re missing out on :grin:

2 Likes

When I finally get my mixing finished with a few recipes perfected an rdta is on my list, this looks a great one to start learning on

4 Likes

Definitely great for learning on, it’s really easy to build and very spacious. I remember when I first started building my own coils, the decks were tiny and you had to trap the wire under the screws. It was a PITA, a lot has improved since. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

When I first saw a “squonking RTA” I thought it was silly… why would you want a tank if you have a squonk bottle? But actually, seeing the level in the ‘juice well’ is really not a bad idea at all. Basically a see-through RDA well if you think about it.

4 Likes

I think I had a Kayfun clone and an Orchid v2 and yes I had one of those magnifying things too and also the sausage fingers.
I remember what an improvement it was when they got the holes in the posts to put your wires through, no more trapping your 32 gauge under a tiny screw.
They were tiny holes though, no clapton wire to be had yet.
God I feel old :laughing:
This is very easy to build on, you could do worse.

4 Likes

Exactly :tada:

3 Likes