A little eye candy to brighten the place up

5 Likes

Beautiful @SmilingOgre.

1 Like

Thank you sir!!!

1 Like

That is making me jealous Walt. Actually been looking at drones today for my boy. I think I am going to get him a kid friendly one for xmas. You said yours is a DJI right?

1 Like

Yes, and DJI just came out with the Mavic Mini 2. Very capable little drone. Gets some great video!!!

2 Likes

My son is 8 and I think he could fly a DJI drone. I have a drone sim that uses my 8 channel transmitter and he can fly an FPV pretty well in the sim, which is pretty challenging. He has a knack for RC. I noticed that when I bought him an RC excavator and he can drive it like he has been running one for years. My only fear is if I buy him a nice drone he’s going to lose it and I am in no condition to go chasing it down. So I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to let him get some air time.

2 Likes

I had been doing a little research and this little guy seems to be a good one for kids.

If he can fly this til December without dunking it in a pond or landing in a tree I will grab him a DJI for xmas.

I believe this may be made by Eachine, which is one of the better Chinese drone makers.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great way to get him started.

1 Like

Yeah, I imagine he will do better than dada. I have 3 FPV drones, but I have yet to let him fly them because they are harder to fly than the simulator I have. And they are small enough to get easily lost. I crash them every time I fly lol.

1 Like

I don’t think I could fly anything like that. My flying is about the video and stills I can get with the camera.

2 Likes

Anyone can. There are sims you can get that lets you tie into an actual transmitter to really get a good grasp on it. DRL is a good one. Another is Velocidrone. After a few hours playing around in the sim, it will just hit you. It will be frustrating until you get it. But man, once it does, you will be having a blast. It’s really hard to describe, but FPV flying makes you feel like a bird. Even in the sims!

2 Likes