YiHi SXmini SL Class v2 Review by Illogik

Good day VC’ers. Today it’s the turn of the YiHi SXmini SL Class v2 for review. This is the little brother of the G Class v2 but don’t let it’s size fool you, this thing packs a punch! This SL Class v2 mod was supplied for this review by @David_SXmini so big thanks go out to him. As with all my reviews, all images are clickable for your higher res viewing pleasure.

Specs:

• Size: 89.142.9530.17mm
  • Weight: 136G (net weight)
  • Chipset: YiHi SX730
  • Single 18650,20700,21700
  • Wattage: 5-100W
  • Atomizer Resistance: 0.1Ω - 3.0Ω
  • Screen size: 0.96" IPS Colour Display
  • Power mode: wattage mode/Volt mode/Temp mode
  • Flavour mode : Soft, normal,Strong,SXi-EQ1,SXi-EQ2,SXi-EQ3
  • Max Charge: 5V/1A, Type-C
  • Output Current: 3.1A-32A
  • Input Current: 1.4A-30A
  • Screen On Current: 45mA
  • Quiescent Current: 10μA
  • Power Down Current: 10μA
  • Output Voltage: 0.7-8.0 Volts
  • Output Current: 32A
  • Temperature Control Mode (dynamic and constant temperature control)
  • Atomizer dimension : 27mm
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Output Short Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • Low voltage Protection
  • Battery overcharge protection
  • 7 Available Colours

What’s in the Box?

• YiHi SXmini SL Class v2 mod
  • USB Type-C charging cable
  • 18650 Battery adapter
  • User manual
  • Warranty card

Packaging:

The packaging for this mod is identical to that of it’s big brother. A very strong and sturdy white box with an outer sleeve which shows an image of the mod on the front, some mod information and contents on the back and a product info sticker on the side.

Box Contents:

And the Mod itself. As you can see the mod is quite a pretty and elegant looking one with nice flowing curves and a similar filigree design on the main body of the mod to the G Class v2 doors (on certain colours only). Up top we have a nice flat 27mm wide 510 plate with a gold plated, spring loaded 510 pin in the centre. There is a 6 sided fire button high up on the front of the mod which is perfectly placed for for your index finger, below that sits the 0.96" Colour IPS screen. Under that there is a joystick for navigating the menu the same as the one on the bigger G Classv2. At the bottom is the USB Type-C charging port:

On the back of the mod in the middle of the grip sits a metal plate with SXmini branding on it which I don’t mind but might not be to everybody’s taste.

The base of the mod is where the battery is fitted by unscrewing a very nicely machined cap. The battery polarity is also displayed on the inside of this cap. You can see the negative mark in the centre showing the battery goes into the mod positive end first:

When fitted back in place the battery cap makes up the majority of the base of the mod and aligns perfectly with the rest of the base:

The Manual:

Rather than spend 2 days typing each instruction for the menu like in the G Class review, I’m going to drop an image of the entire user manual here which pretty much explains everything anyway. Click for full res.

Menu:

I will however show images of each screen of the menu with a short explanation of its purpose. The menu is entered by pressing the fire button 5 times in quick succession.

Here is the welcome screen which greets you when turning on the mod (5 clicks of the fire button).

Much like the G Class mod, the first thing you’ll need to do is set your coil resistance:

This is the home screen:

From where you can enter the Curves menu simply by pressing the joystick down. Here you can choose any of the pre-set curves or choose one of the 3 customisable curves to edit to your own liking:

Puff Counter:

Mode Selection:

Set average room temp for TC mode:

Set the temp display unit:

Set the screen time-out time:

Customise the built-in TC profiles:

3 Clicks to lock or unlock the device:

Usage:

The SL Class v2 is basically a slimmed down version of its big brother, the G Class v2. It has many of the same features but with a slimmed down menu and different UI to suit the smaller screen. The mod itself is very easy on the eye and is quite beautiful in my opinion.
The SX730 chipset features 3 vaping modes, Wattage, Voltage and Temp Control with the highly accurate TC capabilities and features very similar to the larger G Class.
There are 7 colours available, these are: Mystic Grey, Holy Silver, Gunmetal Tang, Fire Red, Copper Brown, Black Silver and finally the Black Tang option which is the one you see in this review. Only 2 of these 7 options have the nice filigree design on them and is the Gunmetal Tang and Black Tang.
The mod sits very nicely in the hand with the fire button situated perfectly for use with either a thumb or index finger.
I find the joystick on the SL just a tiny bit easier to use than the one on the G Class I guess due to the smaller width of the SL.
The menu system is very slimmed down compared to the G Class so is much easier to get to grips with.
Despite the 510 plate being 27mm, I found a 28mm tank fits nicely with no noticeable overhang as you’ll see in the images below. I actually bought a 28mm tank in similar colours specifically to live on this mod and it sits on there perfectly.
Battery life is very good with this mod using a 21700 battery while also keeping it’s small overall size compared to many other single 21700 battery mods out there.
The build quality is very good and I’ve had zero issues with the mod the entire time I’ve had it.

These are the available colours from left to right, Holy Silver, Black Tang, Black Silver, Copper Brown, Fire Red, Mystic Grey and Gunmetal Tang:
holy silverblack tangblack silvercopper brown

fire redgreygunmetal tang

Pro’s:

• 21700 battery
  • Very pretty looking mod
  • Nice small size
  • Excellent TC capabilities
  • Top notch build quality
  • Good array of colours to choose from

Cons:

• Hard to come up with a con when reviewing
  • Nope! Sat here 10 minutes and can’t think of one…maybe the price for non-tc users?

Final thoughts & Conclusion:

What can I say other than you need one if you don’t have one? The amount of technology packed into such a small package is impressive to say the least and it performs equally as impressively. I don’t have the original SL so I can’t compare to that but I can say that the TC mode works flawlessly on this version.
There is nothing bad about this mod, maybe the price could be a put-off for people on the market for a mod who only use wattage/voltage mode but for people who use TC mode the price is worth every penny for the technology you’re getting in great little package.
The SXmini SL Class v2, much like the G Class v2, has made it into my daily rotation on a permanent basis, it is that good.

Bonus Piccage:

I hope you enjoyed my review of the YiHi SXmini SL Class v2, Thank you for reading!

Thanks go out once again to @David_SXmini for providing me with this mod for this review.

8 Likes

Nicely done @Illogik. I’ve been using it non-stop since I got it, and about the ONLY issue, would be the (sometimes) issue(s) getting the bottom cap to start to thread. Minor, but ehhh … Beyond that it’s been flawless, without issues, and just won’t quit.

4 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer.

2 Likes

Nice photos, Andrew! It’s a sleek looking mod, for sure. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks Brian :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nicely done, In the pros for me has to be the curves features, SXMini hit it out the ball park compared to curves from other manufacturers, you can’t tailor the vape the same way with any other mods than you can with this and the G Class V2!

3 Likes

Thanks @Timwis.

Indeed, nothing comes close to SXmini when it comes to customising your vape.

3 Likes

I love the attention to detail the the SXmini team put into it, even down to the bottom cap …

Soo much thought, and effort went into the design.

5 Likes

Probably went OTT with the T-Class, 510 spinner and all!

4 Likes

Thank you so much again Illogic for the wonderfully written review. The community is so lucky to have you and others who still test stuff rigorously. Cheers!
Next to test… the Vi class :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Much appreciated David, thank you

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Illogik Very good review mate, thank you.

4 Likes

Thank you @JimmyLee. Much appreciated mate :slight_smile:

4 Likes