What's playing in your head?

Meatloaf!!! Up squirrel Creek… lesser known… Firehouse (my cousin played in that band) bonjovi… Ratt!!!

1 Like

Watched it as well…funny,I was pulling what’s left of my hair out trying to remember where I’d heard this tune before…Then I read your words! Dohh :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You typed Firehouse. My brain said Firefall. Then I remembered - that was the song playing on the radio when I, ahem, became a man.

EDIT - not the song, I meant the Band. But although Firefall had quite a few songs, Cinderella was the only hit for me. For reasons I shall not detail in mixed company.

2 Likes

I actually called a radio station and guessed who the band was playing (Firehouse) and won the album. Only thing I have ever won on the radio.

3 Likes

So, Danny Carey is IMO a very underrated drummer. I think a lot of folks think of good drumming as just speed. While LRLRKK sounds cool, it can get rather tiresome when overused; e.g. Dream Theater. Oh he’s no Neil Peart either, but there’s something about his creativity and subtle intricacies. Lots of his drumming too finds him accenting the melody in what seems to be a parallel universe - not sure what that’s called where he’s laying a beat that almost sounds like it doesn’t belong to the song. @SessionDrummer do you know what I mean? Then there are those songs with time signature changes during the song which ha always blown me away.

Anyway, here’s and example of why I love this guy.

https://youtu.be/FssULNGSZIA

4 Likes

You know, you always find the coolest music clips. I freakin love Tool. But I don’t think I have ever seen a video showcasing Danny. He is a beast. And the Jersey… yeah, he knows who the best BB player of all time was. Michael Jordan. Pffttt!

Drummers make me so jealous because I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time. And what he did in that just blows my mind. Ok, back to my world…

3 Likes

My neck of the woods… so to say :wink:

1 Like

Ok so this is not exactly tunes… but…

Working on my balance and stability, I broke out my quads. I am sooo rusty, but I will get there.
Meantime, looking thru reviews and what not, I really like these…

but I will surely break something in my bod!! lmao… fun times! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I tried those I’d break something for sure. Of course I’d let the chick in the video help me keep my balance.

1 Like

I got some adult heelies coming in on Sat… might take some vids. :slight_smile:

Can’t help it… Sk8R girl for life! :cupid: :skull_and_crossbones: :laughing:

Ok, I’ll watch. Especially if you’ll wear shorts and a crop top.

1 Like

hahaha!!! Sorry!! I can tell it will be jeans and elbow pads.
Teaching my son how to street skate so he will have some transportation to and from work…
but I will get there, it wont take me long :wink:

Then yes, short shorts and a tube top :wink:

1 Like

Grrrrrrrrr

https://youtu.be/yGxolwfD5yw

2 Likes

@SthrnMixer ABSOLUTELY agreed.

The only problem I have that EXCEEDS buying drumsets, and flavors is a RUSH problem…

4 Likes

There are far worse problems to have! But yes, it’s a problem. All my adult life I’ve thought this is my favorite Rush song. Then they would come out with a new album. I guess Hold Your Fire is my least favorite, but even that album has some GREAT tunes such as Second Nature and Lock and Key.

I think today, if I’m really really honest, I’d have to say The Pass just does it for me. And as always, R.I.P. Neil.

2 Likes

Man, it’s just so hard to choose @SthrnMixer. I do agree with The Pass, and I’m about 99% sure the ride pattern in this song was a NEW one for Neil. I mean, it’s not like has doesn’t have hundreds already, but this one was particularly interesting, and the way it layered into the mix (drum wise at least). Good pickins.

2 Likes

I just can’t stop here! Alex and Geddy NEVER got the love they deserved. Both are tremendous. Again, I hiss at all those music “fans” who equate speed with talent. Just check YT and you’ll find scores of people who can shred on guitar but who could never play LZ’s Over the Hills and Far Away all the way through. Maybe that’s not such a great example, but you get it I’m sure. What is a good example of Geddy’s skills is…

That base line is just nasty.

2 Likes

Great, now you’ve triggered me. I don’t think I have any favorites at this point, just LISTS that I go through hehe.

Not widely known that Neil tracked for Vertical Horizon…

2 Likes

You guys have me jammin!!! Let the tunes roll!!!

https://youtu.be/268C3N2dDYk

4 Likes