What do you hate?

I hate the fact that over here (in the US) Verizon FIOS (not the cellular), SUCKS, when they do OTA (Over The Air Update). Been watching my STB blinking for a while, and KNEW that there was a pending OTA. You never know what evils will befall once it hits. Well this morning after a brief power fart it hit. 2.5 hours on the phone with Verizon tech “Chance” (yes, Chance) in India as we not only lost our DVR (yes, it’s built into, and resident INSIDE the STB), but also our channel guide. How in the $%W$%^#$^&^&!@# do you @#$!#$@% up the Channel Guide if nothing else ? Well they did. After cycling about everything over and over, was afraid they might have to replace the ONT as maybe the commands/software weren’t being recognized or pushed, but finally (somehow) the DVR at least showed up, and the Channel Guide was back. Sweet, only took 2.5 hours. The even BETTER news was ALL of our DVR recordings were GONE.

Thanks Verizon, you guys rock, HARD ASS.

2 Likes

That is why I left verizon… thank you Sd… and I sure hope you get yours straight.

2 Likes

Welcome to 2021.

“This (incident) does not reflect the high standards we have for drivers who deliver our packages,” Amazon said in a statement. “We take these matters seriously and this individual is no longer delivering Amazon packages.”

https://barleymowchiswick.com/2021/06/06/amazon-driver-attacks-67-year-old-woman-in-delivery-dispute/

2 Likes

Tisk, tisk, what’s old becomes new again. From @drew1 on ELR

Props to @ID10-T

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/8a18mo/fuck_you_shaun_casey/

4 Likes

I remember that post when it was created also on FB. Shaun Casey threatened legal action. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and got all bent out of shape.

3 Likes

Hehe, yeah, that really put the ICING on the cake.

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/565860-coming-soon-americas-own-social-credit-system?amp

Last week, PayPal announced a partnership with the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center to “investigate” the role of “white supremacists” and propagators of “anti-government” rhetoric, subjective labels that potentially could impact a large number of groups or people using their service. PayPal says the collected information will be shared with other financial firms and politicians. Facebook is taking similar measures, recently introducing messages that ask users to snitch on their potentially “extremist” friends, which considering the platform’s bias seems mainly to target the political right. At the same time, Facebook and Microsoft are working with several other web giants and the United Nations on a database to block potential extremist content.

1 Like
1 Like

I hate to think this is real. @woftam, do you know anything about this ?

2 Likes

A little sensationalised - I don’t think there is any seizing going on but they are offering vaccinations to Kids in their final year of school in NSW - the parents are not going to be present because NSW is in a full lockdown right now.

2 Likes

I appreciate your candor.

1 Like

The quarantine facility is being built and it will be used instead of the current system that uses hotels (and is mainly for people returning from overseas) for their 2 week quarantine that our gov has mandated

2 Likes

can’t prove it, but I did tell people back at the beginning of the year that in ‘about 6mos. or so, this country of our’s would start looking alot different’. Sadly, so.

1 Like

1 Like

My opinion…it’s only a matter of time before we’re nuked, or an EMP is unleashed upon our country. That’s how much I think the current occupier’s of the Whitehouse hate this country, as founded!
I believe this series is a harbinger of thing’s to come.

1 Like

That was a GREAT series @whthek. How you faring the hurricane ?

1 Like

I replied over at the other site, where you asked that, SD.

1 Like