VSO Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

Dude, it looks like I need to pick up some of these. If they are as good as you say then I’ll do some SFT for my channel and recipes too.

Ok, I said all of that just to ask; “where do we get these VSO concentrates”

Ok, I went to the link you shared up top, is that the only place to get them?
Ok then got an order in.
Huckelberry (I mean how could I not?)

• VSO Mango
    • VSO Peach
    • VSO Pineapple
    • VSO Watermelon 1 $12.45
      Timmerz Pineapple Whip - 30 ml
5 Likes

@Dan_the_Man, if you DO get on these, make sure to post back whether or not you agree with my assessments of them.

I have only @SwaggyShane’s Huckleberry left on deck for the single flavors, THEN, I have the 4-5 One Shots to test.

Even now, I am struck by the “uniqueness” of many of the fruit flavors, i.e. they have “something” that pulls them out from the pack.

5 Likes

Huckleberry (VSO) 5% (8-31-20) – OK everyone, LAST single flavor test ON DECK. I did save this one for last, despite torturing @SwaggyShane over it, hehe. OK, what the HELL is a Huckleberry. If you look it up, you may get quite a few different answers. Can look LIKE Blueberries, but they ain’t !!! Alright, now that the dust has settled on that, let’s see what’s what here, for science and stuff (yes, I said STUFF, I have to post this on multiple sites). When Shane said he threw an extra one in the basket, I didn’t know what to expect. I know you guys are probably get sick of hearing it, but dammit, this one is UNIQUE !!! My initial reaction (beyond WOW), was it was like riding a Blueberry sled, down a hill full of Blackberries !!! Yes, you read that right. OK, seriously though, this has elements of both Blueberry and Blackberry in a ONE, TWO assault on your senses. Despite more chain vaping, the melding of those two main elements could not be shaken. As with many other of Shane’s creations, this one as well, was fairly complex, in so much that it really kept you guessing, with different elements peeking out at you from time to time while vaping it. At 5%, if seemed all but perfect, rich, full, and just IYF (In Your Face) delicious. Sweetness might be a tick above mid sweet, but it suits this flavor. Nothing off putting, artificial, except for the undying desire to KEEP on vaping it !!! I think this is a NEW release from VSO, and it’s very worthy OF being released. I think simply saying Blueberry and Blackberry doesn’t really come close, but it’ll have to do. This flavor vapes great, and finishes with a tart kicker, that really drives this one home. If you are in the market for a DIFFERENT blueberry-ish, blackberry-ish, darker berry-ish vape, this one SHOULD be on your must have list. Handily closing out this series, with a 10.1/10. I have to give this a + 0.1, because it’s just too damned good, not to.

8 Likes

@Dan_the_Man sorry about that.

https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/collections/vso-flavors

5 Likes

Alright folks, let’s summarize this flavor run here. I had heard some scuttlebutt about VSO recently, and started looking for some info and reviews, and didn’t see enough, so I picked up a box full to do JUST THAT.

All in, these flavors impressed me, and I kept comparing them (in ways) to the original Medicine Flower. Not as strong as MF, but the natural’ness of them, could not be denied. Clean, accurate, and very natural tasting. At FIRST, I scoffed, when I had to scoop up 30ml bottles, fearing, “Well, what if they suck” ?? LOL, well THAT didn’t happen, and quite frankly, now I’m GLAD I have the mid sized bottles of them.

Many of them, have a certain “uniqueness” to them, that DOES set them out from the pack, and that’s not easy to do these days. No one wants a Strawberry, that tastes just like all the OTHER Strawberries they have, etc. If you like what you’ve read, reach out to @SwaggyShane at VSO, or in the UK at Chefs Flavours and pick some up for yourselves.

As always, feel FREE to post YOUR thoughts on them, right here.

Stay tuned for some my VSO One Shot Reviews, coming SOON !!

Thanks for reading …

4 Likes

@Rocky02852 Hey Rock, did you try the Espresso yet? I didn’t SFT but paired it with TIC (VTA) like @marsh8 suggested. Very, very nice coffee. Since I like my coffee strong I’m going for 2%. I mixed at 1.5%. I could see this working well with SC or Coffee Liquor (VTA) to start building a dessert like coffee. Let me know what you think of the Mocha Coffee (SSA). I want to try that one too. I can’t believe the coffee is getting better and better. The tide has changed. This VSO is so smooth.

7 Likes

VSO just added leather, pine and juniper

4 Likes

No, I didn’t pick up that flavor, don’t ask me why :man_shrugging:
I think I have the Cafe Mocha sft steeping at 12%, according to the description it has Espresso in it;

• This flavor is a delightful mocha. VSO Espresso blended with creamy steamed milk, silky decadent chocolate and a dollop of whipped cream touched with vanilla.
5 Likes

I have several VSO offerings and have to say your reviews are on point. My palate is kind of rough like a callus tho so I hesitate to add my own critique. I’ve never had any MF experience so I cant say anything about that.
I will say that the cherry is not cough syrupy and is quite good.
I have a batch of VSO flavors on the way also including the carrot, pumpkin, and espresso. I cant hardly wait.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot @Daveflowers9, very much appreciated. Perhaps, your self proclaimed rough and callus palate, might be JUST what we need here !!! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That review will help a lot!! Thx for the notes.

7 Likes

You’re more than welcome @BetterCall.Breno. Welcome to the VC, and thanks for taking the time to drop a line, it means a lot.

7 Likes

Hey bro. I mixed up the flavors I got from VSO at 3% and it looks like I need to bump them up to 5% because I can’t taste them at 3%. Did you have that issue or did you start at 5%?

I screwed up and forgot to label the flavors! LMAO, I am a dum dum sometimes but I figured “hell, why not?” I’ll just do a blind taste test and figure out which is which but I can’t tell which is which. So I assumed* the percentage is too low. It’s got to be that right? I think I want to do an experiment where I grab a few of my favorite concentrates and make sure I put some fruit in that and see if I can tell them apart without knowing which is which. I have a feeling I am gonna be quite surprised… Do you want to do it with me? It might make a cool video.

6 Likes

Hehe, no sorry @Dan_the_Man, only tested as solos and at 5%.

5 Likes

Let me see how the repairs on my house unfold @Dan_the_Man, as right now, things are a bit chaotic.

5 Likes

Hey Dan, in my experience, the strawberry, watermelon, and blueberry come through well at 5-6%, but the pumpkin is best at 3%
They are all suggested @ 2% which is bs.

7 Likes

Dave, I believe Shane has actually changed the strength of them all (except blueberry)

@SwaggyShane can you confirm mate?

6 Likes

Dude, I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking. Of course you more pressing issues.

Thanks, Dave!

6 Likes

Hehe, not at all @Dan_the_Man, if it was up to me, I’d tell them to F off, “Gotta make a video yo” !!!

5 Likes

2% is a suggestion compiled by “beta testing” of an array of mixers. It is not an end all beat all, and is a starting percentage. Remember we are working with median ranges. That can be different for every person on the earth. I am trying to make a consistent strength across the board. There are many mitigating factors to what your perception of that strength is in any given recipe. The 2% median range is set so that you will be able to taste a well defined profile in a mix if you use it at 2%.

edit If there is a flavor that you feel is way off the mark of the 2% median range, feel free to let me know, and I can look into it. Except for blueberry V1. That will be the same.

7 Likes