VSO flavors

@SwaggyShane whats up brother…Leather??? I thought you were kidding lmao…Thank you For popping in

4 Likes

Hey Shane I have set you to vendor so if you wish you can now start your own vendor thread in the vendor’s section. Cheers mate thanks for joining

5 Likes

Pleased to meet you, and welcome to VC!!

Well you’ve definitely made an impression with folks whose opinions I respect!

Very nice of you to join us here, and a pleasure to have you chip in!

I have a HUGE soft spot for Extracts, thanks to two key experiences: the original RF Raw Extracts (that only lasted a few months back in what? 2016?) as well as Medicine Flower.

Inawera’s Shisha Strawberry is a close second to what RF raw was, but I’ve made do. I’ll likely be trying yours as well (especially hearing that your formulating these to be used at low %'s!), and am also hoping to pickup the blueberry and espresso obviously when I get the chance.

Looking forward to having you here, and I hope you enjoy the community and comradery as much as I do! :slight_smile:

Oh! And if butterscotch ever becomes an option, I’ll be one of the first in line! lol

8 Likes

@Sprkslfly, @SwaggyShane, about ready to start testing what’s what here…

3 Likes

I know that this is an old thread and I apologise for resurrecting it but Chefs has told me that they will not be stocking any more VSO flavours and nobody else stocks them in the U.K, @SwaggyShane is there any plans for your flavours coming back to our U.K. shores in the near future please? I really wish I bought some when Chefs had them in stock but missed the chance and I would love to try your coffee flavour.

5 Likes

Hey JimmyLee. I am trying to make my way through the great PG shortage of 2021. I have a vendor lined up that is not charging an arm and two legs for it, so I should be able to focus on some of the things that I had going before hand. That would include seeking international distribution points. I wanted to make sure that I could keep prices down and not have to pay the exorbitant prices that PG is demanding right now. I am pretty confident that I have squeaked through it.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot @SwaggyShane. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you very much for getting back to me and filling me in on your future plans, I really appreciate it. It is music to my ears that there is the chance of you coming back our way with your flavours as I have read so many great things about them and the recipes that are created by using them. All the best for the future Sir.

5 Likes

I am a little late for the party. I have finally gotten around to trying my VSO extracts (at the proper %) and I am MAD AS HELL!!!
Anywho, I’m joking of course but I wish I would have tried them sooner. Damn, they are wonderful, the one I got anyway and now I need to get the whole line.

The ones I have are Huckleberry, Peach, Watermelon, Mango, and Pineapple and everyone is great. I could be saying this wrong but they feel “delicate” to me. I don’t know if they are or not but I am about to start on some recipes, (I am finally feeling some inspiration thanks to VSO) and am wondering if they are easily muted or overwhelmed. I used 5% for SFT and I couldn’t taste them at all below that so my question is; what would my percentage be if I added FA’s Whipped Cream at 1.5 - 2.00 percent?

I know I can and will find out the answer but I am excited and wanted to start another dialogue.

3 Likes

Outstanding @Dan_the_Man, USE that anger !!!

:slight_smile:

I’m glad you made the jump Dan, and even more glad you like them.

2 Likes

Just a little note on percentages and what my thought process is towards the final product. My goal is to have each flavor the same strength. I am shooting for 2% across the board. When you add a flavor to a recipe at 2% It will be present, and not overpowering. Obviously going up or down from that percentage will give you more or less presence. My goal is just to be consistent, and not have a flavor that you have to use at 20%, and one where you use one drop for a 30ml.

If you single flavor test something, you are likely going to want to push it a little higher. Don’t be afraid to do it either, because for the most part there will be no significant off notes. As I release flavors, they are meant to be building blocks. In the end, you should be able to look at a dessert recipe and duplicate it by using “ingredients” from the VSO line to build the recipe as it is written.

I know that the noted guys have some troubles with single flavor testing my flavors. You also have to keep in mind that I do not add any adjuncts to the flavors. No ethyl maltol, no sucralose. Imagine trying to make an apple pie and leaving out the sugar. It is an integral part of the recipe. With the VSO line you will have to add everything you want to taste your recipe. I designed VSO Sweet to fill in those gaps,. It was designed to work well with fruits, bakeries, and creams/custards/puddings. It is also very strong so that you have to use less, and not have as many problems with gunked up coils.

Hopefully that helps. If there is a flavor that you come across that you do not find has the consistent strength as any of the others, make sure to let me know. I taste everything before I send it out to a pretty diverse group to taste, and I think it has been pretty successful thus far. But any feedback is greatly appreciated, and always noted.

8 Likes

Great points @SwaggyShane. I like that, that way, if you WANT it, you add it, and it’s not forced on you.

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving Swaggy! Had to order the Spork Puddings trio and the Blue Raz, Chocolate and AppleRaw.

Great work! Love the berry flavors and Blood Orange, so far

3 Likes

You were just a couple hours too early. I will be having an after Thanksgiving sale. I will put a little extra in your order since you just missed it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Outstanding @SwaggyShane !!!

3 Likes

Cool, I like the sound of that.

right on, that sounds interesting. So instead of a “cake” or “cookie” there will be some type of flour or am I misunderstanding?

Oh ya, I can’t wait to see what comes up.

2 Likes

There is a whole line of grains (wheat, rice, barley, oatmeal, cornmeal, and corn) that is right up that alley.

4 Likes

@Dan_the_Man

4 Likes

before you change too much, @Dan_the_Man , drop the Huckleberry down to around 3%, and see how that goes. I think you might find that perceived dryness settling down a bit. My two cent’s :wink:

1 Like

Not a bad idea but when I was doing my SFT I couldn’t even taste it until I reached 4.5 %. I’ll try it though because you just never know.
Thanks, bro.

2 Likes