[OLD] Vaping Community Calculator STABLE ALPHA

Some Additions / Changes:

• Easily add images to your recipes (use imgur or similar and the URL must end with a file extension, ie. jpg)
  • Save new or update, your choice
  • Contained the flavour selection menu on Create for better accessibility
4 Likes

Trying a new compacted form style… Thoughts please

5 Likes

Looking good @grubby

5 Likes

the “create” layout is very nice.
Just carry it over to the “edit” screen to - eventually.

Anyways, the calculations are still not 100% accurate.
Here’s a simple recipe that ends up at 101.5% total
It’s a TEST RECIPE, not a real one. I’ll delete it later.

4 Likes

I must have not added the new code to recipe yet… :thinking:

4 Likes

Just waiting for feedback on the layout

2 Likes

Layout is nice.
Just a thought, but, for desktop users, can you move the recipe view to the right of the Nic values ? Like this :

2 Likes

It is indeed down for the moment, had a bit of a problem, database got damaged, I had no backup :confounded:

Lost all recipes…

I’m recoding most of it, made some really terrible mistakes, might be a while until it is useable again.

3 Likes

Been pulling what hair I have left out trying to recode everything, I certainly didn’t make this easy for myself thats for sure :laughing:

4 Likes

That SUCKS dude !

3 Likes

Ok, I managed to get it all back to how it was but there is a new issue, I wonder how long until someone finds it… :thinking:

2 Likes

Cool, I’ll take a look and see if thats possible, thanks :smile:

5 Likes

Ok, so I think I have found a way to fix the issue I’m having, it requires me to change the flavour names, which requires me to change the flavour names in the stash along with a ton of code but it should make things easier in the long run.

You won’t lose your stash.

I’m a bit pressed for time atm but when I get a day or two I’ll lock down the calc and get it done.

I’m also thinking that a “submit a flavour” section would be useful.

You would submit a flavour name and company with a URL for verification that it is a real flavour, I could make this a live submit so it will check against the flavour DB and let you know if it already exists or not as you type, then I simply allow it or dismiss it. I would probably need to notify that somehow, maybe give each user a table with your submissions in and show waiting / verified / dismissed.

Might take me a while to finish this project but it’s getting there slowly

6 Likes

Btw the problem comes when someone submits there own flavour with a - in, it breaks the way it is supposed to work, silly i know. Above changes should fix it

5 Likes

giphy

5 Likes

Great call! :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Well… I seem to have solved a problem…

I would hazard a guess there are more issues but I’ll be damned if I can find them right now.

I’ve opened it back up if anyone wants to have a click around, cheers

5 Likes

I’ve locked this down, I need some time to rethink the whole thing, possibly recode it, keep suggestions / thoughts coming though

4 Likes

Spent a few hours going through some code and think I have fixed the issues I was having, everything seems to work fine

6 Likes
  • Create, update, adapt, save recipe, should all work fine
  • flavours are now using their ID to get details
  • the what can I make has been removed for now
  • stash works fine
  • stats might be a little off due to me testing

Any thoughts?

5 Likes