[OLD] Vaping Community Calculator STABLE ALPHA

Interestingly the values are the same… :thinking:

3 Likes

Everything seems to be working ok so far… I need a break though, been doing this all day again :confounded:

5 Likes

Not really PDO either although some have an amount in them. I agree with the ‘other’ tag for most flavours that are listed as SC. I would say some are probably better described as alcohol based (MF, Juice factory au , Bcf VZ) but since some are just neither pg or vg other is appropriate.

3 Likes

I removed the checkboxes completely, so just use the calc and cross check the values to see how off they are, if its really bad I’ll code it in

2 Likes

This is something that’s ‘under discussion’ (in many aspects), but suffice it to say that it would probably simplest to chalk them up as being ‘PG based’ flavors for the purposes of recipe consideration.

MF on the other hand (for the majority) are pure extracts. No alcohol, no carrier (PG, PDO, or otherwise). That’s part of what makes them so expensive, and also so potent! :wink:

3 Likes

Since we are assuming (dangerous, I know) that “they are a thing of the past” (/sarcasm: We’re in the ‘Professional Super Concentrates*’ Era now, after all :roll_eyes: ) and combine that with the fact that he never released raw materials data in any form or fashion for them to his guinea pigs at large… I wouldn’t bother worrying too much about them. But that’s just me.

I would focus my energies on companies that take proper responsibility for, and pride in their flavors, and put out MSDS sheets for flavors that don’t change every six months.

5 Likes

Yeah, your right! I’m not really worried about it! I just have a few that I will finish up, but I don’t plan on restocking them at all!

The only values that I see that are different are the PG and VG amounts…they are both 30ml, 2mg, 80/20 recipes, and it appears that on the ELR recipe the values for the flavorings are being taken from both the 80% VG and 20% PG ratios, while on the VC recipe the values for the flavorings are being taken from only the 20% PG ratio…

2 Likes

Little bit more pg then vg in the other calculator…

2 Likes

I wonder how that extra gram of VG will change the mix if at all…

2 Likes

I don’t think it will change it much at all, if any…believe me, I am not a big stickler for being exact on the weight when I mix, as long as it’s close, because I don’t think it will make a significant difference in the flavor. My main goal in asking the question was to bring the difference to your attention, and because I was curious why there was a difference in the first place, but I really don’t have a problem with it, nor do I think it will really matter in the end. Thanks for checking it out! It will not deter me from using the VC calculator!

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing it up, if there are any major discrepancies in the calculations I will code to fix it.

Loving the feedback so far and all the help from you lot, much appreciated! :smile:

2 Likes

What do we think about recipe comments? I’m coding them in today hopefully.

And if you haven’t seen the change log I added a nod to the original recipe when you use the “save this” button :wink:

4 Likes

I have always liked having a comments section on recipes! It’s helpful to the creator and the person who is trying to make it if they have questions.

3 Likes

Very well stated @anon96069639! I hate the stars rating system…up-votes are much better imho!

3 Likes

Yep, that is all we need I think :smile:

3 Likes

Added recipe comments, will work on them a little later on

1 Like

Interestingly this is recipe 101…

1 Like

Seems like it’s missing something to me… :laughing:

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like