[OLD] Vaping Community Calculator STABLE ALPHA

Small suggestion: When searching for a flavor for your recipe, when I type “Strawberry ripe”, it only shows me those flavors that [start with] “strawberry ripe”, not those that [contain] “strawberry” and “ripe”.

The one I’m searching for is included in your DB as “Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)”
so it doesn’t show up.

Other thing: The Flavor Apprentice logo uses the “Fa” logo tfaLogo
– I’m sure you’re already aware, just haven’t the time to update yet… Since some people like to complain about what to label them as… TFA/TPA/FA, etc.

Good work so far !

2 Likes

Yeah I was messing with the search last night and it seems it can def be improved.

I believe that’s the new logo for TFA or at least that’s what is on my bottles :thinking:

Thanks

2 Likes

Changes:

• Strip empty flavour inputs on save/update

Search should be fixed now, thanks!

2 Likes

Flavour stash sharing - https://vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk/userstash/grubby

2 Likes

Ok, sorry but your recipes might disappear tomorrow…

I’m going to try and rework the way the dB holds the flavour information for a recipe, a better array is needed, it will give me a lot more flexibility.

5 Likes

HOld on, update is broken af :laughing:

1 Like

WARNING

Your recipes flavours will probably be removed until I can fix this bug

1 Like

Hey @Grubby, I have a question…I just added a recipe just to check out the calculator for myself, and I am now curious how the Real Flavors (SC) are incorporated into recipes if they are not PG or VG based, but instead are other…it looks to me as if they are just being incorporated as PG based…I have the Appleberry Remix recipe with a few RF (SC) in there…I would think that when it is a flavor like this or even a medicine flower flavoring that it should take equal parts from the PG and VG totals, like if you have an 80/20 recipe and have 3.00 of a RF (SC) in it, it would be consider as 78.50 VG/18.50 PG/ 3.00 RF (SC) flavoring…does this make sense? Sorry if this is being, or already has been addressed…I didn’t have time to read this thread in its entirety!

3 Likes

These are complications not yet addressed, still in the very early stages of development.

So what is RF SC?

2 Likes

Okay, I figured, I was just curious! Anyways, I love that you have this calculator! I can’t wait till it’s complete and I can make the transition to using this one! Oh and RF (SC) is Real Flavors (Super Concentrates)…Your probably smacking yourself in the forehead saying “duh” right about now aren’t you!!!

Oh, and one more question…are you gonna make it so the calculator is available to use offline?

2 Likes

But what are super concentrates? They aren’t PG based? :thinking:

Impossible to make an online calculator work offline unless I coded a windows APP or something…

2 Likes

Oooohhh, guess I’m the one smacking my own forehead now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: words do not always relay what is actually meant! My bad! Anyways, I was always under the impression that they were to be marked as ‘other’ in the other calc that I used because they are neither pg or vg, but rather PDO based flavorings…

Yeah, that should have been self-explanatory, but not to me because I am not very advanced regarding computers and their programming and things of that nature! I can do what I need to, but that’s about it! Thanks for answering my dumb question!

2 Likes

Ooooh… Interesting, PDO you say… Anyone know the maths on that? :thinking:

2 Likes

Can you post a link to a recipe that uses RF SC please

1 Like

Sorry, I had to run some errands…here is the one I create earlier…

Appleberry Remix

Ingredients %
Fuji - Flavour Art 2.75
Key Lime - The Perfumers Apprentice 1.00
Lime Tahity Cold Pressed - Flavour Art 0.25
Marshmallow (SC) - Real Flavors (SC) 1.00
Pear (SC) - Real Flavors (SC) 1.50
Strawberry (SC) - Real Flavors (SC) 2.00
Super Sweet - Purilum 0.25
Sweet Strawberry - Purilum 3.00

Flavor total: 11.75%

1 Like

No idea…

Is that on ELR I want to compare values if possible…

3 Likes

Yeah, here’s the link…I appreciate you taking a look at this!

3 Likes

I appreciate your help!

2 Likes