[OLD] Vaping Community Calculator STABLE ALPHA

I’m surprised how well this has been received, I thought there might be some ums and ers considering it might seem im copying but I can assure you I am not in any way and ELR will always be THE PLACE for mixing e-liquid.

4 Likes

Changes:

• Added Vapocolypse Calculator
  • Minor code cleanup
2 Likes

Just so it’s clear, the idea behind a static flavour list is to either force the user to use the official flavour list or actually put some thought into their flavour input names, if you want someone else to mix your recipe you will want to list the company name with your flavour name, its as easy as copying the label imo and there are no excuses, unless its some magic you have, ie. NET then thats cool, you can use the recipe notes to add more info.

4 Likes

Vapocolypse Calculator Calculate how long your Nicotine will last

4 Likes

The problem I’ve seen with that arises from vendors that take it on themselves to get cute with naming… :roll_eyes:

For example:
Wizard Labs and LA cotton candy.
They call it LA County Fair Cotton Candy.

But when you actually look at the posted MSDS on WL’s site, the product number is IDENTICAL to the normal everyday LA cotton candy. :rage:
For the longest time, it has appeared (in a thread over there) like Amy2 was referencing a completely different (or discontinued) flavor.

And perhaps there WAS a different flavor (before 2016 when I started). Both LA and WL were around before then… But given the way it’s handled by WL (and the currently referenced MSDS sheet) it’s impossible to know (for a ‘newbie’ like me) whether it’s WL’s taking liberty with things, or an actual historical change, that wasn’t properly addressed. /frustrating

Either way, two completely different naming conventions (on the label) for the same flavor.
Add to the fact that the folks at WL *still insist on using FA for TFA and… *, yeah, it’s no wonder that noobs have a hard time getting shit right sometimes. (though I’ve ranted on such before).

4 Likes

Chefs does a similar thing with Lorannes??

2 Likes

And others.

But yes, then you have contractual obligations muddying the waters further:
EG
Signature being TFA
Northwest being RF VG flavors
“I forget who it is” being Cupcake World flavors (but it’s an EU vendor)
Etc etc
/sigh

3 Likes

This is super useful info, I guess I could create a list of these naming conventions and match them to flavours somehow, crosscheck and create a link between them.

I’m still yet to code the flavour pages, I’m holding out because of this sort of stuff

3 Likes

There are a few flavour aliases I know of such as

Chefs flavour creative - Flavourart rebottle

Chefs choice - cupcake world

Chefs Lauren’s - as mentioned Lorann

Chefs xpress - flavor express

Chefs Wrecka - Reka

Chefs Rebranded Range is a bit tougher as it has different flavours from various flavour houses as i understand it.

Bullcity flavours, Juice Factory, Vaping Zone Sc - are all the same and I think they are Bakers Flavours or Banruo Bio Tech (i have not been able to confirm what their actual brand or which is is which is as all of them want to keep it a secret)

Bullcity flavours, Juice Factory, Vaping Zone Gourmet Sc - are all the same and I think they are Bakers Flavours or Banruo Bio Tech (i have not been able to confirm what their actual brand or which is is which is as all of them want to keep it a secret)

I think the last two should just be listed with the alias Super Concentrate of Gourmet Super Concentrate so if you buy from any of the vendors that sell them recipes with the other venders could be listed in the what can i make

4 Likes

Changes:

• Added user recipe page (click the username on the public recipe list)
2 Likes

My main goal atm is to get the create recipe / user recipe list / public recipe list working perfectly.

After that I can move to all the other features I have lined up and I have 2 hands full of them, thanks for all your input so far, keep it coming, cheers

4 Likes

Changes:

2 Likes

I know it is on the radar but just here for reminder purposes - need to add another section to flavour carrier for ‘other’

2 Likes

Possible idea

When you click on a flavour to view it, list all it’s alias’ along with user inputted links of where to buy, a rating, user notes, link to the SDS, average percent usage, number of recipes it’s used in, highest percent, lowest percent

2 Likes

Yup good plan - I have struggled with how to handle them in recipes since the what can i make wont return recipes with vz if you entered it as bcf or juice factory (not that i use the what can i make anymore since it just returns a shit ton) but if you had a limited stash it would be helpful

3 Likes

Another possible idea (and it’s a TALL order)…
But! I’ve always wished there was a way to integrate the forum with the flavor database.

What I mean by this is, when someone mentions a flavor in the forum (properly, ie: Banana Ripe (TFA) for example) the forum could auto sense it, and turn it into a hyperlink so that we could click it, and have it offer the option to go to the flavor info page, or “add to shopping list”…

It’s so clunky to try and remember what I’ve read, and then try to add it to the shopping list, by which time I’ve forgotten which brand, but remember the flavor (if I’m lucky).

2 Likes

How about a “recommendation” based off of your stash?

The stash should def have average percentage for each of your flavours, as we get more busy I can probably work that into the create page so as you pick a flavour it will show you the average % or something, would that be useful?

3 Likes

With the forum being a whole different kettle of fish I’m not sure that’s possible but I’ll look into it

2 Likes

How about…
If we’ve keyed in our preferred SF %, it shows that, if we haven’t, it flashes up the averages? (perhaps separate colors, so we know at a glance which ones are our own, and which are community averages?

2 Likes

What does everyone think of the dashboard so far? Default styling atm

2 Likes