Vape Mail! 2018

Just saw a youtube review using this mod with the Pirate King:

Authentic MARVEC Skeleton King Kong 26mm 18650/20700/21700 Hybrid Mechanical Mod - Tibetan Silver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2VvDF4IfNw

3 Likes

Well something new “silver plated copper magnets”

4 Likes

Wow!! That’s awesome man!

@SmilingOgre that’s very cool of you bud! :thumbsup:

7 Likes

Wow awesome! Nice one @SmilingOgre

7 Likes

A buddy of mine has that mech, I am an idiot for not buying one myself at the time for only $20.

That guy is my least favorite reviewer by a long shot. He is the one that raved about the Mason Dumptank that he must have used for only a few days. Cost me $60 that I might as well just burned instead. He was also the one doing a cotton burn test on a mod in TC but had the preheat turned all the way up time wise essentially making TC moot. I was yelling at my screen saying you idiot, if you have the preheat set to 4 seconds of course it is going to burn the cotton, that means TC won’t kick in until after 4 seconds has passed. This guy is as dumb as a box of rocks.

5 Likes

Haha I should put a disclaimer if I link a review. I didn’t even watch the review, just skipped around to see the mod. I think I only tried to watch one of his reviews and just couldn’t get through it. Mostly just wanted to share what the Pirate King looks like with the mod. Other than Ogre, DJLsb, and of course Zophie, I rarely watch video reviews any more. If there is a new product or I am researching something, I will skip around only looking in freeze to maybe see how they build something. I hate buying something that gets rave reviews and find out they were full of crap, probably hoping they get a deal with a manufacturer.

4 Likes

Ya he is a member on another forum I am on and from time to time he does what he calls “freehand juice mixing” everytime I see a post from him I cringe.

5 Likes

Lol, sorry, that guy just gets under my skin.

Hey @woftam, is that the forum where all the YT guys are? Can’t remember the name but I remember joining but only posted a few times.

Just got back from ecig-city riverside, there having there 5th anniversary shin dig today. Didn’t know what to expect but a Luxotic NC for $40 out the door was a killer surprise.

5 Likes

That one is potentially dangerous. It would really be nice if he had a clue about what he was saying. His “voltage drop” is no such thing. It is that battery under load plus whatever drop there is. In this instance he isn’t really creating any issue but if he can just babble about that what else could he just babble about?

7 Likes

Oh dang, I will have to get on their mailing list. I would have drove out there to check it out.

1 Like

Is it a brick and mortar or just online store?

1 Like

They do have an online sale at ecig-city.com for 20% off today only with coupon code HAPPY5YEAR but not sure if the Luxotic is the same price online. I have been to there location a few times, not close to me but not a bad drive. Pay cash and that is the price out the door. Had a lot of stuff but only picked up the Luxotic and some salt nics.

1 Like

Yeah, that is my main problem with him, if you don’t know a subject then refrain from talking about it. I have seen plenty of reviewers say that they don’t know much about a subject. They then tell the viewers to look it up or recommends another reviewer for that. That is the responsible thing to do rather than put out false information.

That is why I will only look at you or djlsb for specs as your both responsible and knowledgable.

4 Likes

Thanks, I don’t have any problem in admitting I don’t fully understand something. There are one hell of a lot of physics involved in vaping. There is also one hell of a lot of information that isn’t shared from the manufacturer. To just assume and broadcast is like you say simply not responsible. That’s the beauty of what we all have going. Each of us has a piece of the picture that we can bring forward with confidence. I would rather watch the reviewer that just shows the stuff and comments on how it looks than be misled.

5 Likes

Ya it is owned by Timmerz

1 Like

Sounds like another “ego” we know… :roll_eyes:
:wink:

3 Likes

oh man the dude from panty dropper would cringe.

You gotta love the use of la flavours with colouring that “makes the juice look sexy”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cQhUu7U_fk

6 Likes

“I guarantee that whatever I make is better than your favorite ejuice.”

"I don’t like shaking it too much, because I don’t like the bubbles… " (while adding flavors to the mixing bottle)

“Sweetener makes the raspberry pop”

“A lot of companies don’t add sweetener”

Epic. LMFAO

4 Likes

Thanks to an “early birthday loan” chuckles…

Wanted a decent quality “beater” to carry around, that I wouldn’t be heartbroken if something happened to it (like I would be with the Cylon).

At $20 shipped, it was a no-brainer!
I’m so appreciative for mjag’s review, and the chance to fix VM’s, that I had to have one at this price. Beg or borrow…

PS: I won’t be “fixing it” until it’s actually broken. I’m curious to see if it’s a 'high wattage use" issue, or wear and tear from the battery sled pressing against the sensing wire. (Though I’ll be happy of course to take pics of need be to assist others, as previously mentioned!)

7 Likes

Somebody should revoke his mixing license and confiscate his flavors. I grew up in Michigan but I had a neighbor lady from Tennessee and she would say: “Jimmeh… dat jist ain’t right”

5 Likes