Those die hard mods

We had this topic and I thought it’s only fair to share it here too. If you had a mod that doesn’t seem to want to break(voluntarily or involuntarily (that’s a good thing, right?)please share.215210-3d3fddf431ebb3846a685753d99e2b7a this is one of them. Smoant naboo

6 Likes

I can’t begin to tell you how many times this mod fell and from what heights. The only thing that broke was the LCD. That happened about 2ueats ago when my jacket got tossed on a steel trailer.
(Knock on wood)

This is not the first time it survived this high a fall +/-8-9 meters straight onto the cobblestone then hopped in the sand.

11 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve had a MOD fall that far, but have had GREAT success with Squid Industries Double Barrel mod, and it’s survived MORE than it’s fair share. NOW, it is a heavy mod. Drawbacks ?? It’s SHATTERED tanks on impact !!! It survived, but it’s dead weight (I believe) helped kill two of my tanks.

11 Likes

I was lucky the tank didn’t break ,but then again the same mod broke glass tanks when it fell over on the kitchen top.

8 Likes

My Die Hard has been the Rocky Mod, (aka drag 2) my daily driver for 2 years,

11 Likes

That’s the Mpro metal edition?

5 Likes

Nah, that’s the Resin edition. Which I prefer over the metal edition because the drip tip is easier to clean on the resin ones.
I do have a few of the metal editions, another Die Hard mod I like is the Smoant Cylon:

7 Likes

The Bel-Air isn’t bad either. A buddy of mine has the Ladon. It looks like it can also take a punch.

5 Likes

Yeah I have the Ladon, It’s a solid mod for sure. But personally I don’t really care for it :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

It looks like it could withstand a day out with me :grin:

5 Likes

it’s never on purpose.

6 Likes

For Stick mods, the FreeMax Twister 80W is pretty solid,
All left hand turns today with my Twister :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

I’ll get a pic in better light, but my voodoo drag I bought 2nd hand in 2017 is still in daily use.
It’s survived numerous falls, travelled more than 70 000mi with me and survived bad wicking and been covered in juice multiple times.
The paint is wearing thin and the magnet has broken off. I still love it

5 Likes

I’ve got a dozen of these(now obsolete) SMOK GX 2/4 mod kit’s in use, plus 10 more new in the box. I dropped this one from about 3ft. onto my concrete garage floor last year(see the wave in the body panel) as I have also a few of the other’s and they just keep working. Admittedly, they do have some quirks with battery door fitment, and for some, problems with coils, but I’ve worked around these faults and love em’!
Something to keep in mind…after an impact…inspect your batteries!! I’ve found the negative terminal to be deformed from absorbing the impact of a fall. My opinion…throw them out. :v:

5 Likes

For internal battery mods, you can’t beat the ol’ Innokin Cool Fire 80W and Cool Fire TC 100W mods
I beat the crap out of mine and they just keep going, I recently grabbed one of mine that had been sitting collecting dust for about a year and the battery was still fully charged !

7 Likes

I second that on the CoolFire @Rocky02852 .

4 Likes