We did not have a ton of time on the boat but I did learn a few things and there will be some big changes over the winter.
First, all four batteries on the transom had the rear of the boat sagging a lot compared to the front, even with human distribution. Second, the trolling motor at the bow was quite inconvenient as it was right in the way of the front passengers when stowed, and too hard to walk around when fishing. Thirdly, the trolling motor and fish finder were unable to communicate. Researching online, it seems the distance between them is too great and the signal is too degraded. And lastly, the power switches for the batteries was quite hard to access when the boat was in the water. I had to lay down and stretch sideways, and I don’t like to work.
So, I will be moving the batteries up to the front underseat storage area, as well as routing the main switches there as well. There is plenty of room; I measured.
I will be mounting the trolling motor to the rear, adjacent to the transom just to to the right. That means removing the ladder but we will not use it anyway. Having the troller at the back also reduces the cable run to under 10 feet rather than the 26’ needed for proper routing to the front. It will also make it much easier to fish, as it will be out of the way rather than right in the way. Plus, I can stow and test it out of the water this way, whereas the trailer prevented that when it was in front. (Which is why I could not test the NMEA communication until I was on the water/off the trailer). And, the transducer will be moved to the other pontoon to accommodate the troller being where the ducer currently is.
All this will make for a way better time out there next time.