Temp Control-By the Numbers?

Yeah, this. :rofl:

2 Likes

Too true, too true!!! Hey, it’s a hoot for us to ponder such stuff but I have to admit it’s all pretty much academic. I’ve got a couple of mods that technically do pretty piss poor TC but I use them in TC mode and enjoy the experience overall. I’ve also got atties that I just like better with VW. Sometimes I just like something different for a bit.

5 Likes

Oh I agree, I am a sponge for knowledge and I like to take the magic out of things when possible. My comment was made out of endearment.

5 Likes

Well then, I feel endeared. Or something like that, lol. I have personally wondered how much cow farts contribute to global warming. Not enough to start an in depth study of cow farts though.

6 Likes

I love reading the results of the efforts you guys put into this, honest. And I will continue to happily read your posts. But as you say, there is inherently a lot of subjective observation involved, as yet again you’ve just mentioned another variable that is unaccounted for by any manufacturer- coil configuration. Extensive testing would have to be done with so many wire types, Clapton combinations, coil build types, and on and on. How is TCR affected by Claptoning? Or by multiple wire types? Or braided vs. fused? Or blah blah blah. So we are left again with close-enough to dial it in the rest of the way ourselves.

6 Likes

I am going to be the blissfully ignorant TC user (except for the noted manual TCR implementation) and just find the setting I like and go with it. Rabbit holes tend to annoy me. DIY juice mixing nuances and in-depth TC are such holes and I can’t let myself get dragged in to all the subtleties!! My mind doesn’t want it! But I am following…

4 Likes

A lot to be said for this (obviously! LMAO), and in addition, it also serves as a healthy mental exercise (and reminders) for some of us, that there’s many ways to achieve a desired effect. :wink:

3 Likes

Amen brother, Amen!!! My first day in college the professor stood up in front of the class and said “so you want to know what electronics is all about”. He then drew a huge dollar sign on the board. Same professor that would look at ridiculously accurate answers and say “chicken shit is chicken shit. don’t pick the white stuff”.

6 Likes

Just think how wonderful it will feel when you stop!!!

5 Likes

OMG! That is hilarious beyond words.

As the herd wonders aimlessly through the desert chanting “bigger, better, more”.

7 Likes

I had a clever one as well, who used to say “don’t try and pick the fly shit out of the pepper”

6 Likes

So… Good news. TCR mode yields the same results for both mods (as hoped, and as expected)! Bottom line, a definite difference in “SS pre-programmed settings”.

Still guessing in regards to power mode, but it’s only 4-6w difference, so I’m not losing sleep over it. :wink:

4 Likes