Spaced Coils - Improved Flavour?

It’s actually recommend to run a spaced coil with temp control, it helps with ohm float.

That’s what got me building spaced coils, granted I had a “cheap” mod but spaced coils stoped my ohm float problem and gives me more consistent hits.

5 Likes

Dude, my first TC mod was the Smok X something or other…can’t remember now. It was the one with the side bar fire button and customizable light that ran along side it. Coolness for sure, but piece of crap nonetheless.

I just jumped in with both feet never thinking that I might need to learn something about this shit. I remember it well. I was driving my pickup down Industrial Avenue and hitting this thing like there was no tomorrow - amazed at the consistency. Then a pull, dang near shot fire down my throat. The stupid mod display said something like 400 watts (impossible with dual 18650s) and damn it was HOT.

Ohm float? Hell I don’t know. But it was off. Way, way way waywayway off.

6 Likes

This is why I space coils…Or to get the legs closer to the posts …I havent noticed a flavor difference , I thought I did in the past

7 Likes

The Smok X-Cube.
I’m sure you’re dying to remember that thing correctly :grin:

7 Likes

THANK YOU…was driving me nuts.

I had one too, massive SS thing, It died a death obv.

7 Likes

:laughing: I actually got one of the “good” ones. That first batch that went out was a shit show. Yeah, the Cube. What? It was not even remotely cubical. That should have been the first red frag.

OMG

7 Likes

top facing digital screen right next to where a dripper leaks…2nd red flag :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Smok - 3rd red flag. I had a few Smok devices. The RTAs were nice for awhile. But the mods I had were all shit.

5 Likes

I have one that’s no longer available - well at least not widely. It’s a goodern

7 Likes

I had 1 Smok mod start to autofire at 4am, thankfully it was on my bedside table, that’s the last Smok mod I’ve ever accepted into my house. I have the internal battery G150 somewhere, and the original G-Priv, but they don’t get used, just don’t trust em, they’re the pinnacle of Chinese mass produced electronics put together by substandard factory workers…fuck that,

5 Likes

Talking about this whole spaced coil thing, I think one of the best flavor producers I had was the first staggered, fused, staple clapton build I ever made. The fact that there was so much surface area on those coils I think is the reason for all the flavor. I never really noticed a huge difference between spaced and contact coils. But I know I have had much longer cotton life with spaced coils. And the coils last a lot longer.

7 Likes