Sobucky Super Aromas Single Flavor Tests -- TESTING SERIES II NOW!

I was thinking more along the lines of a cran-orange marmalade kinda thing.

4 Likes

Picked up 19 of them again my wife hates @SessionDrummer aka my flavor scapegoat lol. Should be here in a few days but I’m working 10 straight so we’ll see when I get around to them.

5 Likes

Uhh Ohh @Gsnap. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Mixed sample bottles at 2% of the following and finger tested:

Apple Strudel - Cant wait to see how this develops. It was a bit weak, but can pick out all elements that make a great Strudel. Will test after a week.

Blueberry - This tastes more candish then real. Not bad, but was hoping for more realistic Blueberry. Will update after a week when I really test it.

Ripe Strawberry - some Strawberries I can taste, some I cannot. Finger test suggests I may not taste this one, but know that something is there. Will test after a week.

Sweet watermelon - I really like this one. Sort of half candy, half real watermelon with some rind. May be better than Big Watermelon by Molinberry. Will test after a week

Bubblegum - May have found an actual bubblegum that tastes really good. Better than any other Bubblegum I’ve tried by far, but will test after a week.

Raspberry syrup - The holy grail. Tastes like an actual Raspberry that I picked in my yard. Not the red kind that has more tartness than sweetness, but more of the maroon kind that’s fully ripe and has some jammy sweetness. This may be the best Raspberry out there in my opinion. Will test after a week.

10 Likes

Oooh Yeahhhh @Deerslayer.

4 Likes

If only some flavor company could make a realistic flavor for these:

It looks like no freezer jam this year. It’s in the high 50’s today, and it looks as though most won’t develop. Picked a few for the kids to snack on, so at least there’s that.

7 Likes

Challenge @SwaggyShane to make a VSO flavor???

6 Likes

So how about it @SwaggyShane ? Can you make a Kiwi Gold Raspberry flavor?

6 Likes

Bless you!

I have Kiwi and I have raspberry. I have never seen a kiwi golden raspberry before lol Where does something such as that grow? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@SwaggyShane See picture above of orange looking Raspberry. They are supposedly from New Zealand, but grow in my backyard since I planted them there.

6 Likes

If that would be a thing, that would be a next season thing. I will put some feelers out and see if I an source them.

11 Likes

Well, thanks out to @wllmc, going to be doing another Series with these really good, ultra flavors from Sobucky. Will be mixing shortly, thanks William.

Bubble Gum (SSA) 1%
Butterscotch (SSA) 1%
Creme Brulee (SSA) 1%
Guava (SSA) 1%
Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA) 1.5%
Jucy Cherries (SSA) 0.75%
Nectarines (SSA) 1%
Ripe Banana (SSA) 1%
Ripe Coconut (SSA) 1%
Whipped Cream (SSA) 1.25%

13 Likes

Butterscotch (SSA) 1% (10-9-20) – First one, second series on deck !!! How many Butterscotchs have I tried ?? Probably all of them, and most have their plusses and minuses, with probably MF’s being the top current pick for comparison. This one came across as a somewhat more relaxed flavor @ 1%, so it’s possible stepping it up, might pull it forward more, but it was quite good, even at 1%. This one didn’t hit you as hard up front (relaxed), but you could feel the sweetness and buttery-ness begin to build on the inhale, and it peaked near the end of the exhale. Almost a meshing of a buttery, caramely-ness that carried through most of the vape. Because it was more relaxed, it was harder to pick certain elements out, and it def. was not a candied BS, and therefore left it firmly in the more natural camp. Very clean, very authentic, and further testing above 1% will have to be done to see if it can be pulled more forward. For a somewhat relaxed, more natural tasting BS, this one does it right. No real take-offs, off notes, etc., and sweetness was about mid level. Somewhat subdued @ 1%, but very good none the less. 8/10.

11 Likes

Great Review.
Q>Are you using a homogenizer? How long has this steeped? Comparing to MF after 30 days or 60 days or SnV? I know MF has a huge steep required. Please and thank you.
I wish we had more from the Manufacturer re:percentages suggested for use.

5 Likes

Thank you very much @Tmease. No I am not using a homogenizer. These rested for over a week before testing. The first series I steeped for a week and a half, but checking them throughout they didn’t appear to change much after the first week, so it felt like a good timeframe. Granted these ARE single flavors, so when mixing the times may shift somewhat.

9 Likes

Ripe Coconut (SSA) 1% (10-9-20) – I know I’ve said this before, but there are some really bad coconuts out there, some are oily, some are suntan lotion-y, and some are almost floral. It is never without hesitation that a new coconut is tested hehe. Great news is, this is one of the good ones. NONE of the aforementioned notes, characteristics, or attributes in this one. It does appear hard to make a rich, full, accurate Coconut without it pushing into suntan lotion-ville, but somehow, Sobucky did it. Very, full, rich, and almost (not totally) creamy coconut here, that came across as quite natural without any candied aspects, or off-putting notes. It was plenty full @ 1%, and you could probably go a little higher or lower as needed, and what I really liked about this one (beyond the obvious) was that it smelled exactly like it did in the tank, as vaping it. I have had countless flavors wherein they smell great in the tank, but when vaping are NOT the same lol. Presented as a very even mix of almost the milk, flesh, and you could almost detect some flakes in there !!! Chainvaping it didn’t reveal any issues or changes, which was nice. Overall, a very rich and full, natural coconut that didn’t lean to candied, that was mid-level sweet, and non-fatiguing. Your personal tastes may dictate whether or not you mix at, above, or below my testing weight. Did directly contemplate running to mix up a Coconut Cream Pie and a Dragon’s Blood, BUT, after I get through all these testers. 9.4/10.

13 Likes

As more people enter or correct their flavors (after importing) the data will start to compile, and you’ll see more accurate numbers. The coconut was really full at 1%, and you could easily go lower, and maybe a smidge higher, but that’s a good range to start at.

8 Likes

Great to hear. I cant wait to see your take on the Milk and Caramel Cream . I had to run that one up to 2% to get it’s potential :innocent:

9 Likes

I’ll have to add that to series III.

8 Likes

Bubble Gum (SSA) 1% (10-9-20) – Another FIRST for me, as I have NEVER solo’d a Bubble Gum before, so your mileage may vary. I typically have countless flavors to make comparisons to, contrasts, rankings, etc., so breaking new ground. In the tank this one smelled, well, almost exactly like your typical American Bubble Yum. No fruit flavorings, just good old pink Bubble Gum. At times it wandered around, but never really left it’s profile. Having used BG’s a lot, mostly pairings with WM’s or Looper recipes, it was interesting to finally solo one. It stayed fairly true to a BG throughout the tank with no perceivable wintergreen or anise that others sometimes have, and interestingly, was right about mid level sweet. @ 1% it felt pretty good, with no signs of being over/under powered, and at times, it almost had that white powdered sugar they sometimes put on the pieces to prevent sticking to the wrapper. Not being a BG aficionado, I was still impressed by how accurate it was overall, despite wandering about a bit at times. I could see this working out with my WM and Loopers nicely. I will play around with this one a bit after the review, and see how it fares and pairs. As it sits, a pretty accurate Bubble Gum, with no fancy fruits, that does the job well. 8.25/10.

10 Likes