Sobucky Super Aromas Single Flavor Tests -- TESTING SERIES II NOW!

Ripe Coconut (SSA) 1% (10-9-20) – I know I’ve said this before, but there are some really bad coconuts out there, some are oily, some are suntan lotion-y, and some are almost floral. It is never without hesitation that a new coconut is tested hehe. Great news is, this is one of the good ones. NONE of the aforementioned notes, characteristics, or attributes in this one. It does appear hard to make a rich, full, accurate Coconut without it pushing into suntan lotion-ville, but somehow, Sobucky did it. Very, full, rich, and almost (not totally) creamy coconut here, that came across as quite natural without any candied aspects, or off-putting notes. It was plenty full @ 1%, and you could probably go a little higher or lower as needed, and what I really liked about this one (beyond the obvious) was that it smelled exactly like it did in the tank, as vaping it. I have had countless flavors wherein they smell great in the tank, but when vaping are NOT the same lol. Presented as a very even mix of almost the milk, flesh, and you could almost detect some flakes in there !!! Chainvaping it didn’t reveal any issues or changes, which was nice. Overall, a very rich and full, natural coconut that didn’t lean to candied, that was mid-level sweet, and non-fatiguing. Your personal tastes may dictate whether or not you mix at, above, or below my testing weight. Did directly contemplate running to mix up a Coconut Cream Pie and a Dragon’s Blood, BUT, after I get through all these testers. 9.4/10.

13 Likes

As more people enter or correct their flavors (after importing) the data will start to compile, and you’ll see more accurate numbers. The coconut was really full at 1%, and you could easily go lower, and maybe a smidge higher, but that’s a good range to start at.

8 Likes

Great to hear. I cant wait to see your take on the Milk and Caramel Cream . I had to run that one up to 2% to get it’s potential :innocent:

9 Likes

I’ll have to add that to series III.

8 Likes

Bubble Gum (SSA) 1% (10-9-20) – Another FIRST for me, as I have NEVER solo’d a Bubble Gum before, so your mileage may vary. I typically have countless flavors to make comparisons to, contrasts, rankings, etc., so breaking new ground. In the tank this one smelled, well, almost exactly like your typical American Bubble Yum. No fruit flavorings, just good old pink Bubble Gum. At times it wandered around, but never really left it’s profile. Having used BG’s a lot, mostly pairings with WM’s or Looper recipes, it was interesting to finally solo one. It stayed fairly true to a BG throughout the tank with no perceivable wintergreen or anise that others sometimes have, and interestingly, was right about mid level sweet. @ 1% it felt pretty good, with no signs of being over/under powered, and at times, it almost had that white powdered sugar they sometimes put on the pieces to prevent sticking to the wrapper. Not being a BG aficionado, I was still impressed by how accurate it was overall, despite wandering about a bit at times. I could see this working out with my WM and Loopers nicely. I will play around with this one a bit after the review, and see how it fares and pairs. As it sits, a pretty accurate Bubble Gum, with no fancy fruits, that does the job well. 8.25/10.

10 Likes

Juicy Cherries (SSA) 0.75% (10-10-20) – Oh no !!! Did Sobucky just come out with ANOTHER great Cherry ?? !!! Yes, … yes they did. As with their other cherry tested, I was slightly scared to load this one up into the Vapesled, but I did indeed do, just that. YES, this one is ANOTHER Great Cherry from Sobucky. PLEASE take note of my sub-percent testing strength, as more and more of these ARE proving to be Ultras (Ultra-Concentrates(ed), and this one is no different. If you test this at 3% and blow up, I warned you. :slight_smile: OK, this one is just as good, if not better than SSA’s Compote Cherry, but the “better” part will be up to you, the end user, and what profile you’re looking for. This again (I know, repeating), had NO medicinal, floral, cough syrupy notes of any shape, kind or form. EMBRACE the madness of that for a second. That makes TWO from these guys. OK, at this ultra low 0.75% it was a VERY satisfying Cherry Vape, with NO signs of hitting the ceiling, but it was so rich and full at this weight, I wouldn’t go much higher, for fear of (bad things). I was having a hard time quantifying exactly what type of cherry/cherries this was, let the wife try, she seemed to think more of a Luden’s lozenge, BUT, again, NOT a cough drop medicinal style. To me, this was somewhat of a darker cherry than the Compote, but not totally towards a Black Cherry. Confused yet ?? Good, me too, hehe. It did have some aspects of a Maraschino in there, and some of a Black Cherry, but it was more than the sum of them. Sweetness was actually below mid level, and honestly, I could not find any take-offs. I know, it’s a CHERRY, there’s GOT to be something wrong with it, right ? Not really, except maybe the name. Juicy Cherries had me thinking of TPA’s Juicy Peach, or FA’s Juicy Strawberry, but I didn’t get an overwhelming “juicy” from it. Wasn’t dry, and was a great darker, somewhat black cherry-ish flavor, but maybe the name is the ONLY thing wrong with this one. Had some slight tartness, but only slight, and maybe you could almost taste the pit a little. All in, despite it not presenting as overly “juicy” this is the second great cherry vape from Sobucky, and if you are in need for a darker cherry, with aspects of both a Mara and a BC, you should get this one. Start mixing it LOW though, 0.5-0.75% range, or you’re on your own. Feels great at 9.5/10.

12 Likes

Whipped Cream (SSA) 1.25% (10-10-20) – Does anyone get excited to test a Whipped Cream ?? Often times not. This one had me re-thinking that. Because it smelled a little weaker in the bottle, mixed this one a little higher @ 1.25%, and it worked out great at this weight. A surprisingly full, rich, and satisfying Whipped Cream vape. It was far more present than most WC’s I’ve tried, and it was good enough that you could just solo vape this all day if you wanted. Yes, that good. A lot of people have sworn by TPA’s WC for it’s Triacetin, which helped tone sharp edges, and aided in blending. I could not find any sheets on these SSA flavors, so I can’t comment on that aspect. After finishing an entire tank, and moving on to the second, I was still blown away by how authentic this one was, and very present. No mistaking that you had a WC in the tank here. Light vanilla notes, creamy, with moderate mouthfeel just kept pushing this right to the top of the WC’s I have tried. Sweetness was actually lower than expected, especially for a WC, which would just allow even MORE uses for this one. Authentic, very present, slight vanilla, and creamy goodness is what this brought to the table. After finishing the second tank, I still couldn’t find any faults with this one. Deliciously solid at 9.8/10.

12 Likes

Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA) 1.5% (10-11-20) – Deciding on what strength to mix this at after testing SSA’s Ice Cream @ 2% proved difficult. It smelled stronger in the bottle, so decided to drop 0.5% from the original Ice Cream. Even mixed down from their Ice Cream, this one presented as much more forward, and fuller. A lot of similarities to SSA’s Ice Cream but with more presence, and some nice Vanilla notes thrown in. The vanilla seemed close to a vanilla bean that was high enough in the mix to make itself known but not overpower the profile. Clean, accurate, and I actually think better than their Ice Cream. I love the fresh approach to an Ice Cream SSA has taken, as none of the somewhat off-putting sour or typical cream notes found in many other IC’s. One of the best I have tried. Even presenting stronger/fuller/richer than the regular Ice Cream, it isn’t as heavy handed as say LB’s VIC. Sweetness was lower than mid level, and I could see numerous uses for this one, as was the case with the Ice Cream. Moving this up on the scale for a fuller, richer, more flavorful experience than the regular IC. 8.95/10.

12 Likes

Creme Brulee (SSA) 1% (10-11-20) – OK, I think @woftam might have been the first one to mention this, but this one (like a very few others) is dark, and soulless. Now, some people will be scared off, others will embrace it’s darkness. At 1% (4-5 drops) in my 10ml tester, the mix was (duh), very dark. OK, but how’d it taste ? Brulee is a burnt cream, and caramelized sugar desert. There were aspects of the aforementioned in here, but in somewhat reduced quantities. There was an almost coffee note on the lower end that added to the burnt note. I will check the coils/cotton after the tester tank, but I suspect it will be quite dark as well. Overall the flavor was good, but more of a caramelized sugar coffee with some cream elements. At 1% it was fairly strong, and mid level sweet, and the burnt note(s) seemed to increase somewhat throughout the testing. Continued testing, and an increasing burnt note led me to believe that it may have been fouling the cotton/coils more than originally suspected. Good flavor, but the extreme darkness and perceived increasing burnt note will make this one harder to use. Because of this, leaving it at 5/10.

12 Likes

Nectarines (SSA) 1% (10-11-20) – This one smelled almost spot on in the bottle, and vaping it revealed a very light, airy nectarine flavor. I almost got more of it smelling off the bottle than I did in the vape. Maybe I’m test blind to Nectarines ?? Actually added 2-3 drops directly into the tester tank, mixed, and it improved slightly. Either I’m partially blind to this flavor, OR, it’s just a very light flavor. It did taste very natural with some good citrus notes, and almost some citrus oil (but only a smidge), and plenty of juicy-ness. Sweetness was lower than mid-level, and I kept thinking of how clean it tasted, but that could have been from it’s light airy-ness. If any of you test this, and get a more full on nectarine, reveal the secret to me. As it was, it was indeed a very clean, accurate nectarine, but for my tastes, it was just very light, and airy, and would be easily overcome in a mix, unless boosted. Very good, but very light and delicate at the same time. Punching it at 6.75/10.

13 Likes

Ripe Banana (SSA) 1% (10-11-20) – I think many people’s perspective on bananas might depend on how they actually like to eat them (or the profile they want too LOL). I like mine leaning to the green side, and if they’re over ripe, I can’t really eat them. Long is the list of nanas out there, and most favor a ripened, or creamed profile. This one actually captured how I like to eat mine, with a little bit of green in it. You may hate that profile, so be advised, that is what I got from this one. Fairly full @ 1%, with lower than mid-level sweetness, and an almost puree of a banana with hints of the green on top. It had a somewhat creamy texture, but didn’t appear creamed if that makes sense. The green portion really tasted accurate, and got most of it on the tail end of the vape. Because of the green notes, and the somewhat laid back nature of it, it might not carry the main nana freight, but could be very useful in many recipes where you need to flush out a fuller banana. I did not get any candied or runts notes from this, and tasted roughly 50/50 natural/artificial. Not the strongest or most natural nana out there, but for my tastes, this one seemed very unique, and could take a space all it’s own on your rack. 8.75/10.

12 Likes

Guava (SSA) 1% (10-11-20) – Last one on deck for the end of Series II. I think we’re going to finish it with a BANG. Haven’t vaped a lot of Guavas, but that didn’t stop this one from basically nailing the profile. Pink, fleshy, and punchy were the initial thoughts, with an almost slight fermented kick that really added to the authenticity. Very clean and full at 1%, and that felt really good, not under/over powered. Sweetness was about mid level, and the pink punch factor on this one can not be overstated. Most of the flavor remained in the mid region, with a smidge of low end, and some nice high end punch to finish it off. It stays fairly true and natural throughout the tank with a hint of candied, but only a hint. NO take-offs to be found with this one, and you could obviously go lower for accents, and possibly higher for main notes if needed. Clean, fresh, and accurate were the big take-aways on this one, and it just plain worked. 9.25/10.

13 Likes
9 Likes

I’ve been rethinking this one. Might just add 0.3% of the sweet Mandarin to it instead of the sour. Afraid the sour might smother the delicate notes.

6 Likes

At 12 days since mixing my tester @ 2% of the Milk and Caramel Cream 30/70, I gotta tell you-this stuff is amazing. Rich and tasty with a nice full mouthfeel. sweet but not overly so. If you get a chance Im using in Dual coil framed staple aliens at 107 watts (10 .1x.3 ribbons and 2x 28g frames with a 38g stainless alien wrap) I could use this as an ADV!!! Marcelina Sobucka-will you marry me? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Thanks a lot @Tmease. I just placed a huge order with BCF, and I’ll have to add the MCC to my next order. Sounds RIGHT up my alley.

8 Likes

@grubby, test …

5 Likes

is it @Grubby or @Gruby?

5 Likes

Just got around to testing this one @SessionDrummer, 0.6% SFT, WOW ! Finally found a Mocha (or Mocca in this case) that I actually like :+1:

Agreed 100%, this is a Wonderful single flavor. But I already have a plan for this (mixing now) will be a 3 week steep
Mocca in the Hood :sunglasses:

8 Likes

@SessionDrummer conflicted if I need the raspberry syrup if I have MF wild raspberry? Would these layer well?

6 Likes