Smoant Cylon power drop?

Ogre, quick question man, perhaps @Mjag could chip in too…in wattage mode im getting a very noticable power drop at about 30% battery on the Cylon…quite bad button rattle too, same with yours?..or do I have a dud?.. :thinking:

2 Likes

Well now I feel like shit. I hawked that one up like crazy and you, my friend get a dud? I don’t get either of those issues. I can get the batteries to rattle a little but I really have to shake it hard. I’m using LG HG2 batteries and builds around .5Ω and honestly, I have never got noticeable sag. I pull the batteries at about 1/4 charge per the battery bars. Hope @Mjag chimes in too. Not another Smok syndrome I hope. You know, like trying to by a Wednesday car?

2 Likes

yeeah it’s def there man, I’m running a sherman with duals on .15 at 110w and it’s very noticable at 25 to 30%, i’m running the Espion on the same set up and that baby runs full bore right down to the last…
fire button def has a rattle when you tap it with your finger, so do the function buttons… :thinking:

1 Like

I’m gonna have to break down and do some testing on that mod. I really didn’t want to because @Mjag did a great review and it almost seems like trying to do some “one up-man-ship” or some shit which it is not. I have nothing to add to his great review. But now I’m wondering if there isn’t something to see at lower ohm builds. Over this next week I should have some time. Right now all my batteries are at full or near charge.

4 Likes

I bow down to your technical witchcraft and fuckery Ogre, let me know what you find man :wink::ok_hand:

4 Likes

In another way it’s kinda neat. I can’t touch either your or @Mjag in regard of your ability to catch detail. I can always depend on either of you catching shit I wouldn’t notice for a couple of months and then be disappointed when I did. Maybe there’s an opportunity to occasional collaborate if I can do some electrical testing.

8 Likes

This idea…I like very much, a technical corner with a quick video inbedded into the review?..

that could work very well :ok_hand: worth more thought no?..

5 Likes

Whatever you think. Or I could simply send you graphs and results for you to publish. The biggest problem would be having the same mod in hand and timing. Worth keeping in the back of the head anyway. :smirk:

5 Likes

ah yeah of course…def give it more thought tho…if theres something epic on the horizon that all 3 of us get, mjag could get it on the slab, you could get in the lab, and I can talk utter bollocks throughout :metal: …all bases covered, man those reviews would rule :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Almost scary! Love the concept. I’m seeing a mod on a stretcher with three surgeons staring down at it.

6 Likes

I have a little bit of play on both my Cylon power buttons but it really isn’t noticeable. I did see that some early units had a lot more button play.

I still have both my Cylons, the black one is going to a friend when we meet up. One is at about 45% on the batteries so I put it in power mode with a 0.10 build and 110 watts and so far so good, will report back when I get closer to 30%. I would guess it would throttle back the watts as the batteries can’t keep up, need to look and see what I have in there, VTC5A’s will carry the load better. Smoant mods in the past throttle back before other mods but on the Cylon they lowered the limit, they still may throttle it back at higher watts though.

7 Likes

No worries man, review away and I would love to see the tech on the Cylon like you do. I did check out Djlsb and anthony vapes tech specs on the Cylon after I finished my review. If I remember correctly they both said it was pretty accurate, can’t recall anything bad said about it but that was a while ago.

I really like your reviews so please don’t hesitate to put one up even if I already reviewed it. Even if your results are different I would love to hear it, the only way to learn. We all have to keep in mind that a lot of times review samples are different then what comes out in final production. The iJoy Captain mod is a great example, the review samples had a press fit 510, they then changed it prior to production to secure the 510 with a nut. That was one of the first mods I took apart as my production unit was really different then my friends review sample. Really we can only review what is in front of us so opinions are going to vary because sometimes we are reviewing something that is either defective or was changed after coming to market. The Laisimo F4 is another example, my review sample had flaws they fixed when it finally was released to the market.

Trust me S.O…you thought I was going to add a B there didn’t ya…lol. Your reviews are really valuable and trustworthy so no “one up-man-ship” will ever be felt by me :+1:

7 Likes

Oh hey, I am all for a collaboration, love the idea too :+1:

5 Likes

Groove! :grin:

6 Likes

Figures. A friend of mine and I have been discussing just this over the last week.lol

4 Likes

BTW, I ordinarily wouldn’t have clicked on this, as I’m not a big drinker. I was just bored, so I clicked.

Glad I did though, as there was some good OT discussion going on! Lol :wink:

Speaking of which, if someone thinks it’s worthwhile to split the Cylon stuff off, I’d happily track that thread (as opposed to this one), and this post could be deleted!

If all goes according to plan, I’ll have an incoming Cylon soon…

7 Likes

@Steampugs my friend. At this point I am thinking you got a lemon or Smoant is having quality problems between production units?

I’ll test again when the batteries get a little more drained but at 1/3 battery bar this is a very respectable power trace. This is with the mod set for 110W, VW.

4 Likes

FOUND IT!!!

When the batteries got down to 3.4V with no load the mod took a dive. Down to 58% of power supplied. It did not indicate low battery.

7 Likes

Have either of you updated the firmware yet? :thinking:

6 Likes

Yep there it is, fuck me sideways that’s a hell of a drop off…thanks brother, at least I know mine aint a dud.

No @Sprkslfly I haven’t as yet but I’ll look into it and test again before I review it.

Once again @SmilingOgre I appreciate your witchcraft :wink: thank you :+1:

6 Likes