Silver lining anybody?

Glad to see you took up the offer. A lot less trama/drama here for sure.

9 Likes

let’s not go crazy now… :smirk:

6 Likes

I knew I could count on you

7 Likes

Oh SNAP!
She dropped a deuce on your ass @Pennywise!! LMFAO

7 Likes

Julius K9 is doing a good job :+1:

3 Likes

Color me confused. chuckles

I’ve heard the old saying about “cat fur to make kitten britches”… But dog hair to make face masks? o0

Seriously. What kind of “dog gear” do they normally make?

For the record, I also know you can’t make a silk purse from a sow’s ear (or so my grandmother used to say). :wink:

4 Likes

London (CNN Business)Dyson has received an order from the UK government for 10,000 ventilators to support efforts by the country’s National Health Service to treat coronavirus patients.

Also:

MYPILLOWSNIP

Nice to see businesses stepping up.

6 Likes

They make dog harnesses

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 09.51.55

and different kinds of patches to put on them. Like this one, or you can have them custom made.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 09.53.06

6 Likes

Another Silver lining today, boredom had me sorting out the ‘Steampugs Studio’ …or…shed…as some might call it :person_shrugging: , And I rediscovered a few old favourites that I’d neglected over the last year or so, put fresh builds and boom…I soon realised that they really… REALLY don’t make em like they used to anymore…

12 Likes

I have two boxes with gear that I haven’t looked in for quite a while. :blush:
I wonder what I’ll find :joy:

9 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong Jose, I found some shockers too :scream:

8 Likes

Do i see a couple Whiterose ??

7 Likes

You do indeed sir :ok_hand::wink:

8 Likes

This thread seems to have gone quiet…?
Was a good idea too, @Jose. :wink:
The lockdown’s been horrendous for some, probably for many, especially single parents, self employed, health workers, and small business owners.
It has given many of us the time to focus on the important things in life, especially friends and family.
My cooking skills have improved greatly, and my garden has never looked so tidy!
Our dog has never had as much exercise, but at 13, probably doesn’t need it as much.
We’re lucky living near the coast. Six minutes to the beach and crossing a golf course on the way.
The air is definitely cleaner, but traffic seems to be getting busier.
More regular contact with family has been good.
My wife and I have been some of the lucky ones. Not gone short of anything, and not had any real stresses, worries, or arguments!
Looking forward to the easing of restrictions so we can get away to a remote campsite for a change of scenery.

6 Likes

I guess it’s not always easy to find a silver lining :grin:

I wish I lived near a beach, or a forest, anything quiet without people mulling about.

I can’t say that my dog never had this much exercise, she’s 20 months young and bursting with energy.
The type of exercise has changed though.

We have what they call an intelligent lock down. People are allowed out, meaning the park I usually go to is too busy with little kids with footballs.
Not a good combination with a labrador of hooligan age.

There’s one little dog place where we go, but that’s usually deserted and not much fun after a while.
She gets fed up playing with the ball.

So we walk miles together every single day. We were already pretty close before, but now we are bonding on a totally different level.

We are not struggling with shortages in this country either, …so far.

Apart from walking I spend a lot of time reading, stay away from the news, nothing new there, and just try to relax.

I do miss my kids though, it’s not the same through the telephone.

9 Likes

They are opening up the schools again at half capacity next week.
Time to go back and do some lunchbreak and earn some of that much needed extra dough :money_mouth_face:

9 Likes

Professor “Lockdown”, aka Neil Ferguson, the well known epidemiologist, professor of mathematical biology, whatever the chuff that is, and UK orchestrator of the lockdown, has resigned after flouting his owm, strict lockdown rules.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/05/exclusive-government-scientist-neil-ferguson-resigns-breaking/
Biggest c0ckwomble on the planet, imo.

5 Likes

Well… That’s one way to “upstage” Cuomo’s nonsense:

(previously shared by SessionDrummer)

5 Likes