Pugsley's Medium Rare Review and GIVEAWAY of Dovpo & TVC's Topside Squonk Mod

Thank you :grin::+1:

3 Likes

I would be interested to hear whether anyone else has had issues with the Dovpo Topside.
I had one returned by a customer, as it had just stopped working, new battery installed etc nada.
This was replaced by the wholesaler.
My own one then started acting up, when a battery was installed it would constantly change the wattage, scrolling downwards to 5W, then any button push would set it off again from 75W downwards
I refused to accept a replacement of the same by the wholesaler, and they then sent me a Dovpo Topside Dual, which is working fine.
Now I have another Topside returned by a customer, with the same issues as my one, wattage scrolling.
So out of the 5 that I bought originally, 3 have failed.
I can’t believe that this is user error.
Any thoughts?
Edit: My memory has now started functioning again, and I now recall that the first return was not dead, but rather as soon as a battery was installed it auto-fired, which is even worse.

1 Like

I’ve never had an issue with mine no, I mean you’re gonna get some dodgy ones, but to get 3 out of 5 faulty is a bit more than bad luck , I haven’t heard anything in the ‘chatter’ of any major problems…I dunno man… :no_mouth:…I’ve had an Aegis 100w just die on me for no reason, and that’s hardly been used AND supposed to bulletproof…(shrugs) …

3 Likes

As long as they stand behind their product all will be fine.
However it goes without saying that I won’t be buying any more of them. Which is a bit sad because I really like the one that I have that functions as it should.
Of course now that I have said that the bastard will probably up and croak on me. :joy:

2 Likes

Only two issues that I can think of with this.

One is they got a bad batch of micro-switches. (The internals are collapsing and causing contact, when there shouldn’t be any.)

The second would be liquid getting down on the board/switches. Whether by a design defect, or user error.

Impossible to guess without having them on the bench.

3 Likes

I have heard of this with this mod but have not as yet seen any pics.

4 Likes

My thought is the latter, liquid on the board.
Which of course could be down to the little tube they used to traverse the mod from bottle to 510, or alternativley the 510 itself is not properly sealed.
I have opened one up and did find traces of liquid, which sort of confirms my thoughts.

4 Likes

My supplier did mention in an email that they had had similar reports from other customers, and had reported the issue to Dovpo.

4 Likes