[POLL] Flavour stones

Should I add the ability to add flavour stones to the calculator as a separate entity?

The stones would have their own page a bit like the flavours page where you could see details, comment, rate etc

• Add flavour stones
  • We don’t need them
  • Not sure

0 voters

1 Like

I voted not sure but probably should have voted yes. I wasn’t sure whether we need this but can see where it would be handy for those that use them. I’m kind of lazy and really not a good flavor parer but I use VTA “base” flavors like Pudding Base and Milkshake Base etc. the same way. If I was a better recipe creator I might make my own stones, so I should have voted yes.

3 Likes

Its possible to enter stones as is but under “user defined”, might be nice to have a page that details what the stone is and how to prepare it, instead of relying on the recipe notes.

2 Likes

Since each stone can be represented by it’s flavors, I voted no

2 Likes

I voted not sure, I don’t use stones so I don’t have an opinion really but if it doesn’t make the behind the scenes stuff more complicated then I guess let them eat cake lol

2 Likes

That’s logical, but by the same token all recipes can also be represented by their flavors, no?

I voted yes because not only are stones unique, but also used as an ‘ingredient’ as other flavors are. And I’d like to be able to call them out in a recipe as I do with vendor flavors.

2 Likes

Flavour stones can already be added to any recipe, you can input anything in the flavour field, if you for example, used Strawberry Stone in a recipe it would work but what is Strawberry Stone? Unless you describe it in your recipe notes, which was the initial intention, no-one will know.

The question here is whether or not to give them their own space to allow a click through to descriptions, ratings, comments etc that are easily accessible like the Master Flavour List.

1 Like

That’s what I understood you to mean, and yes I would like that.

2 Likes

I’ll let the poll run for a few days and see where we end up.

Give it a couple days before you add it, sounds good. :laughing: Kidding, I’ll go with whatever of course.

1 Like

I’m thinking if it doesn’t go through as a general want, I’ll add it as an optional extra for the user, similar to the stash and you can choose whether to share your stones or not.

2 Likes

A tutorial on that might help new users.

But established users (so to speak) already understand that all you have to do (as long as the stone is public) is click on the flavor (or stone in this case) and read the creator’s notes on how to make it.

Honestly though, it’s been my experience that I’m more interested in the stone first (and have added it to my stash), and then build on it from there. :wink:

Edit: derp. Already covered (bitten again by replying as I read.)

@grubby - maybe too much work for now but if the flavour name has the word stone in it could it link to the actual stone recipe?

It would require some of what pugs would call witchcraft and fuckery. (maybe an extra field were the stone url could be entered)

Just spit ballinging

3 Likes

The whole flavour in a recipe thing is overly complicated, allowing user defined flavours was a PITA but necessary.

I could implement stones the same way I’ve implemented stash, just thinking how I would detect it is a stone to grab it’s ID in the recipe, simply looking for the word stone wouldn’t be enough

1 Like

Ya i was thinking that myself as i was typing - Just thought it would be a cool idea I couldn’t think of an easy way to do it tho

2 Likes

Maybe an “is stone” column in the stone DB could be used for detection… :thinking:

Or I could allow stones to be added to the flavour DB forcing the word stone on to the stone name

For example: Grubby’s would become Grubby’s Stone. :thinking:

I’ll have a think

3 Likes

Maybe a tickbox for “Is this a stone or base?” on user created flavors?

Then the system can auto-add the necessary internal tags, links etc.

2 Likes

Ok, I have an idea for stones, will get it coded ASAP.

Do you want the choice to make a stone private?

Is this going to be enough??

1 Like

The flavour description will detail the stone.
Privacy will stop others seeing the details.

2 Likes