Nicotine Salt vs Freebase Nicotine

I knew without being told lol

6 Likes

I had no ideaā€¦lol

5 Likes

So I will ask this question here, why notā€¦

Although I said I will not mess with new nic levels, and I mean that, I am wondering if strength for strength, salt vs. freebase would be the same effect? Say I get a bunch of 100mg salt and add it as the same 3mg ratio I use for FB nic (which I also buy in 100mg and mete it out to 3mg per bottle)ā€¦ Would that be the same or would that catalyze like a water buffalo and nic me out? The ONE thing about salts that is appealing is the lack of harshnessā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve read, use it on the mixing calculator like you would with fb. So I assume they would be. This is a good question for @woftam ā€¦

3 Likes

If thatā€™s the only difference, I think Iā€™m covered. Wife says I have the thickest head on the planet.

Yes, I guess what I mean is, does the nicā€™ed out effect happen at 3mg, if that makes sense.

4 Likes

The hit from 3mg nic salts is the same for me but no TH - from my research ages ago it does hit the bloodstream a little quicker but I donā€™t get nic ed out on 3 - on 6 with a big hitter I do get a bit of a nic buzz .

4 Likes

Thank you for that @woftam. I am going to have to consider at least a few sample mixes with salts, because I really do like a softer throat hit. Moar VG, add salt, maybe you get velvet.

3 Likes

With my go-to store having a salt sale this week, is there any reason not to try the 3mg salt? And, does it make any difference in harshness if itā€™s VG or PG based? Iā€™m getting squishy again and melting quickly as I hover over the Buy Now buttonā€¦

2 Likes

I say go for it. Do you have a preference? Just curious. I ordered PG so I didnā€™t have to shake the piss out of it before I use it. Not sure on the harshness tho.

2 Likes

I began my DIY journey with VG nic because I wanted to get as max VG in the juices as possible. But it was such a pain to work with that I switched to PG long ago. I will probably get PG based, just wondering what the Master thought about the difference.

3 Likes

:+1: I did the same exact thing!! Good question Fizz, Iā€™m curious alsoā€¦

2 Likes

When I started, I was using syringes to mix as well. Took me a full minute to vacuum up the VG nic into the damn thing. And I was impatient enough that I pushed the plunger too hard while filling the bottle and blew off the needle a couple times too. Yeah, that pissed me off.

3 Likes

I used pipettes so I never had a blowout but I did have to wait a half hour for the rest of the nic to drain down empty before tossing it out! :sleeping:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a weak-willed, spineless piece of garbage. I ordered the 100mg salt. @woftam I apologize for not waiting. Iā€™m pathetic!

1 Like

I hope you enjoy them - i should have mentioned that I find the vg salts even slower that the pg to oxidize but you already pulled the trigger.

2 Likes

I know, Iā€™m an impulsive jackass. Well, this time around itā€™s PG. If I find it too loopy Iā€™ll try the VG version but I am not excited about working with VG nic, at least. So hopefully all is well.

2 Likes

Alright, so this is after just an hour or soā€¦

I made a S&V using the usual ingredients and the usual 70 / 30 VG / PG ratio, with 3mg salts this time.

Holy hand grenades! Absolutely butter smooth! So far it feels the same as the FB nic. No effects at all. So far this is a triple A Plus! Perfect for me as the irritation began to get, well, irritating. Great choice for me so far.

7 Likes

So is it normal to have such an innocent experience with the salts vs. freebase at equally mixed solution? I was/am pretty concerned that I would get the niccy blues by switching but so far, nothing different at all (except for the fantastically smooth vape).

Why doesnā€™t everyone use salts if this is the case? I guess people like the throat hit?

4 Likes

Think it is a little of like the throat hit and heard on the grape vine that nic salts are the vaping equivalent of the antichrist.

5 Likes

Geez, the forumā€™s been all about me lately. Either Iā€™m a whiney little womble or everyone else has a life and is busy.

Anyway, Iā€™ve also noticed that Iā€™m upping the wattage a little today. The draw is so smooth that Iā€™m now able to increase the power. Iā€™ve always preferred the cooler draws because I like long draws, but of course, it got harsh for me as I went along the draw. For me, anyway, salts have been a long-sought solution to a problem I assumed Iā€™d have to live with forever. I can take long deep draws again. Thanks for pushing me over the edge.

5 Likes