Nicotine Salt vs Freebase Nicotine

I haven’t tried the salts but I think if I were just starting out they would be a great option. I struggled for awhile finding the “right” nic strength. Now I have evolved and found a nic strength that works really well for me. I can’t see changing that.

8 Likes

Nope, I don’t plan on trying them either, something about them doesn’t sit right with me

7 Likes

Some people love it. I honestly think I’ll go back to freebase. The smell of nic salt is horrible. Once it’s mix, the smell goes away but man does it smell. Like horrible chem smell.

6 Likes

I’ve grown accustomed to the throat hit with FB, and I also don’t feel like embarking on a new learning phase with trying to figure out the right salt amounts and stuff like that. I have the nic situation figured out. I have the build situation figured out. Trying to nail mixing and I don’t need to complicate my life further.

But it was a good read and it’s good to understand why these pods are so dang popular. JUUL accounts for what, 50% of the US vape market or something?

5 Likes

Watch those JUUL devices get shut down though, too many kids using them to “JUUL” at school…

5 Likes

Any angle the anti-vape brigade can play, they will.

5 Likes

From what I’ve understood about salts is that it’s great when you want to vape high nicotine juices. Freebase will kill your throat at 50mg/ml, salts won’t.

Same here, I don’t trust it. You get a smooth hit at 50mg/ml. why the hell would I want that?
I suppose we’re not addicted enough.

7 Likes

I have no interest in nic salts. Freebase works for me, so I’ll stick with it. No need to reinvent the wheel. IMHO

6 Likes

I was really interested at first because I can’t vape freebase nic above 3mg, can’t handle the extra throat hit, but I would like to go up to 6-8mg nic and vape less through the day. I have stayed away from the salts because I have read some reports of them muting flavor, idk if it’s legit or not though

8 Likes

I honestly haven’t noticed any muting with salts but I haven’t mixed over 6mg either. It wouldn’t surprise me tho at higher levels.

5 Likes

Idk where I read that, but iirc it was only certain flavors that were muted, but that could very well fall into the taste being subjective category. How does 6mg salts compare to 3mg freebase as far as throat hit is concerned?

4 Likes

There isn’t any throat hit. Very smooth, almost like no nic at all…

5 Likes

I might have to try it out, on stressful days I’m vaping 40-50ml of juice in a day, I would like to get below 30ml a day

4 Likes

But not in the Pulse 24, at least not until you get that thing figured out. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve got it figured out lol 5/6 wrap 26g dual coil on the pulse mech squonker, it’s shit for battery life but I use it when I go fishing lol with it being around .2 on a mech I only need a couple hits then it’s back to casting lol

5 Likes

I knew that was you despite the name change just due to your writing style lol, you were tw12 before Phil fish, right?

6 Likes

You got me. But I thought you knew already.

6 Likes

I knew without being told lol

6 Likes

I had no idea…lol

5 Likes

So I will ask this question here, why not…

Although I said I will not mess with new nic levels, and I mean that, I am wondering if strength for strength, salt vs. freebase would be the same effect? Say I get a bunch of 100mg salt and add it as the same 3mg ratio I use for FB nic (which I also buy in 100mg and mete it out to 3mg per bottle)… Would that be the same or would that catalyze like a water buffalo and nic me out? The ONE thing about salts that is appealing is the lack of harshness…

1 Like